Burning movie project to a DVD

G

I'm new to Windows Movie Maker, so please bear with me. I've downloaded digital video from my Sony video camera to Windows Movie Maker, saved as "High quality video (large)" so I could burn it to a DVD for playback on a DVD player. My PC's OS is Windows XP. I've edited and added a soundtrack and am ready to burn it to a DVD. I have a Sony DRU-530A external DVD burner. Movie Maker has saved my project with the *.MSWMM file extension, I saw no other options, and I do not see an option in Movie Maker to save my project to a DVD. When I attempt to use the Sonic "MyDVD" software (version 5.2.1) that came with the DVD burner it will begin to encode, but will then give the following error message: One or more files could not be imported: MyDVD does not support this file type. Check the user guide for details on support files." It appears that MyDVD does not recognize the *.MSWMM extension. Any idea of how I can convert my completed Movie Maker project to say, an .AVI file, or any other hints on how to burn this project to a DVD?

G

Graham Hughes, MVP Digital Media

When you go to save the movie, do not choose best quality, but other
settings, from the drop down box pick dv-avi then use this file to import in
to sonic.
Graham
myersj said:
I'm new to Windows Movie Maker, so please bear with me. I've downloaded
digital video from my Sony video camera to Windows Movie Maker, saved as
"High quality video (large)" so I could burn it to a DVD for playback on a
DVD player. My PC's OS is Windows XP. I've edited and added a soundtrack and
am ready to burn it to a DVD. I have a Sony DRU-530A external DVD burner.
Movie Maker has saved my project with the *.MSWMM file extension, I saw no
other options, and I do not see an option in Movie Maker to save my project
to a DVD. When I attempt to use the Sonic "MyDVD" software (version 5.2.1)
that came with the DVD burner it will begin to encode, but will then give
the following error message: One or more files could not be imported: MyDVD
does not support this file type. Check the user guide for details on support
files." It appears that MyDVD does not recognize the *.MSWMM extension. Any
idea of how I can convert my completed Movie Maker project to say, an .AVI
file, or any other hints on how to burn this project to a DVD?

G

Thanks Graham. I did discover that there was a folder on my C: drive named "My DVD" and did save my project to it as DV-AVI (NTSC). Unfortunately, I was a bit too ambitious and I have about 736 MB that I'll need to cut out. Oh well, now I have a weekend project. Thanks again.

Ask a Question