Buildin a 64-bit lib

Chris Saunders

I'm using Visual Studio and would like to build a 64-bit library. This
seems like a dumb question to me but I can't seem to find out how. Document
Explorer is constantly crashing on me so I cannot use it to try to find out.

Regards
Chris Saunders

Chris Saunders

First, thanks very much for your assistance Kerem - I did find out how to
build a 64-bit library. I actually very rarely use Visual Studio directly
and don't know how to start document explorer in the debugger. I'm not
sure, but I think the problem started after I installed and then uninstalled
the Windows 7 SDK. Thanks again.

Regards
Chris Saunders

Kerem Gümrükcü

Hi Chris,

what exactly is the problem with the document
explorer? Can you show some screenshot or exception
report from your system and more details please. Can
you please tell us the steps that leads to a crash, from
the very first keystroke to the exception please,...

Regards

Kerem

Chris Saunders

Sorry for taking so long to reply Kerem. I have sugar diabetes and had a
problem today. After having Document Explorer open for awhile (all I did
was visit a few topics) I get a dialog box that says "Microsoft Document
Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. Sometimes, as it did
today, Document Explorer works for awhile before this bug occurs and
sometimes it breaks immediately. Isaw a dialog that allowed me to debug and
I'm going to show here the page from the debugger that appears (look for
"<--" for the bug line):

765EF322 mov dword ptr [ebp-48h],eax
765EF325 mov dword ptr [ebp-44h],765EF306h
765EF32C je 765EF352
765EF32E mov eax,dword ptr [ebp+10h]
765EF331 cmp eax,0Fh
765EF334 ja 766028D4
765EF33A mov dword ptr [ebp-40h],eax
765EF33D shl eax,2
765EF340 push eax
765EF341 push dword ptr [ebp+14h]
765EF344 lea eax,[ebp-3Ch]
765EF347 push eax
765EF348 call 7667EB05
765EF34D jmp 766028DC
765EF352 mov dword ptr [ebp-40h],eax
765EF355 lea eax,[ebp-50h]
765EF358 push eax
765EF359 call dword ptr ds:[765D0714h]
765EF35F leave <--This is where the yellow arrow in the debugger
appears.
765EF360 ret 10h
765EF363 cmp dx,6
765EF367 je 765FCACC
765EF36D cmp dx,9
765EF371 jne 765EF37F
765EF373 mov dword ptr [esi+18h],21D8h
765EF37A jmp 765D50B2
765EF37F mov dword ptr [esi+18h],edi
765EF382 jmp 765D50B2
765EF387 nop
765EF388 nop
765EF389 nop
765EF38A nop
765EF38B nop
765EF38C mov edi,edi
765EF38E push ebp
765EF38F mov ebp,esp
765EF391 sub esp,38h
765EF394 push esi
765EF395 mov esi,dword ptr ds:[765D0350h]
765EF39B push 0
765EF39D push 2Ch