BSOD error messages

XP Pro sp2 PC, got a BSOD UNmountable Boot volume error message. Rebooted
with XP disk, ran chkdsk /r. Restarted, now get BSOD Stop c0000145
(Application error), restarted again get BSOD STOP c000021c (Fatal System
Error). Can find nothing on the last 2 in KB. The file system on hard drive
seems intact as I can read and backup files if I boot from Bart PE CD. Other
than wiping whole drive and starting over, is there anyway to fix Windows in
this case so I dont have to install all the apps over? Thanks

Thanks I saw those 2 KB's I was looking for answrers to the other BSOD's.
Ran diag on HD, it's got issues so and full reinstall will be necessary
anyway.

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

Hello,

Thank you for using newsgroup!

From your post, I suggest you try following steps to see if the computer
can boot into operation system:

Step 1 Last Known Good Configuration
Safe Mode loads a minimally protected-mode configuration, disabling Windows
device drivers and using the standard VGA display adapter.

1. Restart the computer.
2. Keep pressing F8 key until the Windows Startup menu appears.
3. Choose the Last known good configuration, and press Enter.

Note: Some third party applications and some hardware device cannot be used
during Safe Mode. You will temporarily be unable to connect to the Internet
temporarily while in Safe Mode.

If the issue continues, please go to step 2.

Step 2 Uninstall the third-party driver or programs

Step 3 Repair Installation

More about repair installation, please link to the KB315341: How to perform
an in-place upgrade (reinstallation) of Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315341

You may need to reactivate Windows XP after reinstalling, please call the
number below to speak with a customer service representative to activate
Windows XP if the online activation fails.

Toll free number: 888-571-2048
Toll number: 716-871-2929

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security <http://www.microsoft.com/security>

| From: =?Utf-8?B?QnJpYW4=?= <[email protected]>
| Subject: RE: BSOD error messages
| Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 16:46:01 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
|
| Thanks I saw those 2 KB's I was looking for answrers to the other BSOD's.

| Ran diag on HD, it's got issues so and full reinstall will be necessary
| anyway.
|
| "Brian" wrote:
|
| > XP Pro sp2 PC, got a BSOD UNmountable Boot volume error message.
Rebooted
| > with XP disk, ran chkdsk /r. Restarted, now get BSOD Stop c0000145
| > (Application error), restarted again get BSOD STOP c000021c (Fatal
System
| > Error). Can find nothing on the last 2 in KB. The file system on hard
drive
| > seems intact as I can read and backup files if I boot from Bart PE CD.
Other
| > than wiping whole drive and starting over, is there anyway to fix
Windows in
| > this case so I dont have to install all the apps over? Thanks

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

Hi,

I am just writing to see how everything is going. If you have any updates
or need any further assistance on this issue, please feel free to let me
know.

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security <http://www.microsoft.com/security>

| From: (e-mail address removed) ("Ken Zhao [MSFT]")
| Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 05:42:01 GMT
| Subject: RE: BSOD error messages
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
|
| Hello,
|
| Thank you for using newsgroup!
|
| From your post, I suggest you try following steps to see if the computer
| can boot into operation system:
|
| Step 1 Last Known Good Configuration
| Safe Mode loads a minimally protected-mode configuration, disabling
Windows
| device drivers and using the standard VGA display adapter.
|
| 1. Restart the computer.
| 2. Keep pressing F8 key until the Windows Startup menu appears.
| 3. Choose the Last known good configuration, and press Enter.
|
| Note: Some third party applications and some hardware device cannot be
used
| during Safe Mode. You will temporarily be unable to connect to the
Internet
| temporarily while in Safe Mode.
|
| If the issue continues, please go to step 2.
|
| Step 2 Uninstall the third-party driver or programs
|
| Step 3 Repair Installation
|
| More about repair installation, please link to the KB315341: How to
perform
| an in-place upgrade (reinstallation) of Windows XP
| http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315341
|
| You may need to reactivate Windows XP after reinstalling, please call the
| number below to speak with a customer service representative to activate
| Windows XP if the online activation fails.
|
| Toll free number: 888-571-2048
| Toll number: 716-871-2929
|
| Thanks & Regards,
|
| Ken Zhao
|
| Microsoft Online Support
| Microsoft Global Technical Support Center
|
| Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
<http://www.microsoft.com/security>
| ====================================================
| When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
| that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
| ====================================================
rights.

| --------------------
| | From: =?Utf-8?B?QnJpYW4=?= <[email protected]>
| | Subject: RE: BSOD error messages
| | Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 16:46:01 -0700
| | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
| |
| | Thanks I saw those 2 KB's I was looking for answrers to the other
BSOD's.

| | Ran diag on HD, it's got issues so and full reinstall will be necessary
| | anyway.
| |
| | "Brian" wrote:
| |
| | > XP Pro sp2 PC, got a BSOD UNmountable Boot volume error message.
| Rebooted
| | > with XP disk, ran chkdsk /r. Restarted, now get BSOD Stop c0000145
| | > (Application error), restarted again get BSOD STOP c000021c (Fatal
| System
| | > Error). Can find nothing on the last 2 in KB. The file system on
hard
| drive
| | > seems intact as I can read and backup files if I boot from Bart PE
CD.
| Other
| | > than wiping whole drive and starting over, is there anyway to fix
| Windows in
| | > this case so I dont have to install all the apps over? Thanks
| |

Jim

if anyone want to know how to fix this error ( STOP: c00002a {Fatal
System Error} ), please email to me at (e-mail address removed), i will show you
how !

< plonk >