Browse network

We had two different domain A and B in our company network.Recently i
removed B domain and make all my company networks to use A domain.My
question is, Even after i removed all the things related to B domain, still
i am seeing the domain name under my network places.when i click that ,window
get stuck for few seconds. How do i remove that entry ? when i browse network
, from where it is coming?

Benny Van

We had two different domain A and B in our company network.Recently i
removed B domain and make all my company networks to use A domain.My
question is, Even after i removed all the things related to B domain, still
i am seeing the domain name under my network places.when i click that ,window
get stuck for few seconds. How do i remove that entry ? when i browse network
, from where it is coming?

Is the DC for domain B still up?

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

Hello Kannan,

Thank you for using newsgroup!

From your post, if the domain B domain controller is still alive, you may
see the domain in the network browse.
555846: How to remove completely orphaned Domain Controller
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555846/en-us

230306: How To Remove Orphaned Domains from Active Directory
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/230306/en-us

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security <http://www.microsoft.com/security>

| From: =?Utf-8?B?S29tYW5kdXIgS2FubmFu?= <[email protected]>
| Subject: Browse network
| Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 04:38:02 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web
|
| We had two different domain A and B in our company network.Recently i
| removed B domain and make all my company networks to use A domain.My
| question is, Even after i removed all the things related to B domain,
still
| i am seeing the domain name under my network places.when i click that
,window
| get stuck for few seconds. How do i remove that entry ? when i browse
network
| , from where it is coming?

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

Hello Kannan,

This issue may be related to Computer Browser. I suggest you refer to the
following article:
Troubleshooting the Microsoft Computer Browser Service
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/188305/en-us

TCP/IP Fundamentals for Microsoft Windows - Computer Browser Service
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/network/evaluate/technol/tcpipfund/tcpipfun
d_appc.mspx

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security <http://www.microsoft.com/security>

| From: =?Utf-8?B?S29tYW5kdXIgS2FubmFu?= <[email protected]>
| Subject: RE: Browse network
| Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 03:08:02 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web
|
| Domain B is not alive .
|

| ""Ken Zhao [MSFT]"" wrote:
|
| > Hello Kannan,
| >
| > Thank you for using newsgroup!
| >
| > From your post, if the domain B domain controller is still alive, you
may
| > see the domain in the network browse.
| > 555846: How to remove completely orphaned Domain Controller
| > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555846/en-us
| >
| > 230306: How To Remove Orphaned Domains from Active Directory
| > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/230306/en-us
| >
| > Thanks & Regards,
| >
| > Ken Zhao
| >
| > Microsoft Online Support
| > Microsoft Global Technical Support Center

<http://www.microsoft.com/security>
| > ====================================================
| > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
so
| > ====================================================
rights.

| > --------------------
| > | From: =?Utf-8?B?S29tYW5kdXIgS2FubmFu?= <[email protected]>
| > | Subject: Browse network
| > | Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 04:38:02 -0700
| > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web
| > |
| > | We had two different domain A and B in our company
network.Recently i
| > | removed B domain and make all my company networks to use A domain.My
| > | question is, Even after i removed all the things related to B
domain,
| > still
| > | i am seeing the domain name under my network places.when i click that
| > ,window
| > | get stuck for few seconds. How do i remove that entry ? when i browse
| > network
| > | , from where it is coming?
| > |

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

Hi Kannan,

I am just writing to see how everything is going. If you have any updates
or need any further assistance on this issue, please feel free to let me
know.

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security <http://www.microsoft.com/security>

| From: (e-mail address removed) ("Ken Zhao [MSFT]")
| Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2007 08:00:44 GMT
| Subject: RE: Browse network
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web
|
| Hello Kannan,
|
| This issue may be related to Computer Browser. I suggest you refer to the
| following article:
| Troubleshooting the Microsoft Computer Browser Service
| http://support.microsoft.com/kb/188305/en-us
|
| TCP/IP Fundamentals for Microsoft Windows - Computer Browser Service

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/network/evaluate/technol/tcpipfund/tcpipfun
| d_appc.mspx
|
| Thanks & Regards,
|
| Ken Zhao
|
| Microsoft Online Support
| Microsoft Global Technical Support Center
|
| Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
<http://www.microsoft.com/security>
| ====================================================
| When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
| that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
| ====================================================
rights.

| --------------------
| | From: =?Utf-8?B?S29tYW5kdXIgS2FubmFu?= <[email protected]>
| | Subject: RE: Browse network
| | Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 03:08:02 -0700
| | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web
| |
| | Domain B is not alive .
| |
| |
| |
| | ""Ken Zhao [MSFT]"" wrote:
| |
| | > Hello Kannan,
| | >
| | > Thank you for using newsgroup!
| | >
| | > From your post, if the domain B domain controller is still alive, you
| may
| | > see the domain in the network browse.
| | > 555846: How to remove completely orphaned Domain Controller
| | > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555846/en-us
| | >
| | > 230306: How To Remove Orphaned Domains from Active Directory
| | > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/230306/en-us
| | >
| | > Thanks & Regards,
| | >
| | > Ken Zhao
| | >
| | > Microsoft Online Support
| | > Microsoft Global Technical Support Center
| | >
| | > Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
| <http://www.microsoft.com/security>
| | > ====================================================
| | > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
| so
| | > that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
| | > ====================================================
| | > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
| rights.

| | > |
| network.Recently i
| domain,