Bringing Excel Data to a Word Table

G

I'm trying to link some Excel XP Data to a Word XP document so it can be printed out in a report. It's really too much data to put on one sheet of 8x11.5 paper, but I don't have a say in the matter
When Insert as a file (or copy and paste a link), the formatting from Excel is lost (mostly because some of the Excel data is in unwrapped cells with empty cells next door) and not all of the data is displayed in Word--it only gives me part of the information I need, regardless of whether I select the whole range or not

If I bring it in as a linked object, the formatting stays the same, but I don't get all of the data to come over--I'm trying for A2:L45, and I'm getting A2:K15.
There are no defined names in the worksheet

Note: If I paste a picture link to another spreadsheet, then copy and paste the picture to Word, I can get all the data on the sheet, but I lose the ability to update it: the link doesn't seem to transfer to Word

I can't help but feel there is something I'm overlooking. I don't have the file to send as an example--we're snowed out today, and I can't take it home
Any insights as to how Word and Excel interact would be great
Thanks

tj

D

Doug Robbins - Word MVP - DELETE UPPERCASE CHARACT

Answered in another group - Don't remember which.

--
Please post any further questions or followup to the newsgroups for the
benefit of others who may be interested. Unsolicited questions forwarded
directly to me will only be answered on a paid consulting basis.
Hope this helps
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Ask a Question