Briefcase

koolking

Hello,

I am getting desperate in terms of finding some manual
that explains how to use the WinXP Briefcase. I've posted
messages here and got responses that went over some bare
bones basics. Unfortunately, those basics don't work--
apparently.

I keep getting messages that one of my folders is an
orphan and Briefcase won't update it even though nothing
has changed. I still have my usb drive in the same
computer I used to copy the folder to the Briefcase. I
also occasionally get messages saying that certain copies
can't be synched even when I didn't sync them and several
other error messages I don't remember right now.

It has been very frustrating trying to make sense out of
how Briefcase works. Is there anything out there that
explains how to use it?

TIA,
Richard Silver

Carey Frisch [MVP]

How To Use the Briefcase Feature in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307885&Product=winxp

How To Configure Offline Files to Synchronize When a Particular Network Connection Becomes Active
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;312171&Product=winxp

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP