Bookmark printing in header

Dana

I have a bookmark that is printing in the header but the actual bookmark is
clearly (at least when I look at it on screen) below the header in the body
of the doc.
This is for a direct deposit receipt, the information is pulling from our
payroll system.

Stefan Blom

There could be a REF field in the header. You can check this by pressing
Alt+F9 to show/hide field codes.

Stefan Blom

Also, does the document display correctly in Print Preview?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

in message

Dana

Yes, in print preview it looks good. It is only when it is merged that you
can see the information in the header.

I am merging information from an AS400, I don't know if that will make a
difference or not.

Stefan Blom

Sorry, I'm not that familiar with mail merges (assuming that's what this is
about). What is "AS400"? A data base? You will probably get more
knowledgeable help if you ask this question in a programming newsgroup such
as microsoft.public.word.vba.general.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

in message

mariahlinda99

If it is displaying correctly in the print preview and not printing correctly from the printer then there is a main issue in your printer from which you are taking the print out.
Do change you printer, i hope it will be good for you.
I suggest you to replace it with new one, so that you may not have any problem further..!

Stefan Blom

It may not be necessary to replace the printer, unless it's a really old one that is. As a first step, you could try reinstalling the printer driver. If that doesn't help, look at the manufacturer's web site for an updated driver.

Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP