Bluetooth?

Reaction score
Hi guys.
I want to send information from my phone to my computer using bluetooth, and I'm finding difficulty in establishing a connection.

I have a sony vaio which I'm fairly sure has bluetooth built in but I have no idea how to turn it on. I've been into the bluetooth settings and I can't see anything that says "enable bluetooth" or similar.

If anyone can help me it would be much appreciated

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i think i know what your problem is

if you have the icon in the system tray (bottom right of screen) right click it and select 'recieve file' then with your phone search for your pc and send the file, its a PITA but thats how i did it until i got a new phone with its own software

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
welcome to the forums

Is this a ... TX, BX, SZ, AR, N, LA or C, Sony Vaio ?

What phone is it ?

What does the manual say ?

user.gif

Reaction score
Hey, I think it's a c series but to be honest I don't have a clue, I'm only borrowing the laptop, but the owner is even more clueless than me.

I couldn't find the bluetooth icon, when I checked. The reason I'm so sure that it has bluetooth is that I can actually see where the light should come on when the bluetooth is switched on, right next to the wireless internet light.

My phone is a Samsung, not sure of the model but it's relatively new so I shouldn't have any problems with the bluetooth on it. The owner has lost or "misplaced" her manual so that's no help.

This isn't majorly important so if I'm being too vague just ignore me, but thanks for the replies so far.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
There are 6 'C' series Vaio's ... no matter. :D

As far as I can see, yes it does have Bluetooth, however, there is Bluetooth & then there is Bluetooth ... the C series uses Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR. Now, we need to know if the phone is on the same level. :thumb:

The easy solution is to go get the "data cable" for the phone ... ;)

[EDIT ... this may, or may not, help ... http://support.vaio.sony.co.uk/know...ry=Bluetooth,VARSET_KB=Vaio,ts=one_vaio_en_GB
]
user.gif

Reaction score
Right I had no idea there was more than one "kind" of bluetooth. :blush:

I just searched and my phone is a Samsung X820, I looked through the specifications and it only mentions that it has bluetooth, not what kind...

I also never recieved any cables bar my charger with the phone, so that's why I wanted to use bluetooth, I'll try and find a cable in the shops tommorow though, thanks for this.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
The first thing to establish is whether the laptop does in fact have a Bluetooth receiver built in.

If it hasn't, nothings going to happen without a dongle and the software to go with that dongle.

Then you gotta make the two devices 'shake hands'

Just trying to establish contact like that is pretty much a hit and miss affair, there are protocols to adhere to, lol, like actually having hardware that will do what you want it to do.

Ask a Question