Blue Screen Error Code

Can anyone translate this information to help me determine why I keep getting
a blue screen? Your assistance in this matter will be greatly appreciated.
I would be happy to give the person who comes up with the solution a $10 gift
certificate to my website (www.lowestcostbooks.com). Thank you. Here is the
error code info:

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Files that help describe the problem (some files may no longer be available)
Mini070607-01.dmp
sysdata.xml
Version.txt

View a temporary copy of these files
Warning: If a virus or other security threat caused the problem, opening a
copy of the files could harm your computer.

Extra information about the problem
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 00000000
BCP2: 8609E658
BCP3: B2000018
BCP4: 02000E0F
OS Version: 6_0_6000
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1
Server information: a3c7436b-1292-4733-aa30-cf558e26d25e

Andrew McLaren

kristian64 said:
Can anyone translate this information to help me determine why I keep
getting
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 00000000
BCP2: 8609E658
BCP3: B2000018
BCP4: 02000E0F

This is a STOP 0x00000124 error.

It is not very common, but it is known to affect some Dell machines:
http://support.dell.com/support/top...d=2CAB9032D26D09B3E040A68F5B2820B1&doclang=en

It looks, from Google, like this crash also tends to affect people with
nVidia 8800 graphics cards.

The workaround, in nVidia case, would be to either get the latest drivers
for your system fom the hardware vendor's website; or to uninstall any 3rd
party video drivers and go back to a standard, Microsoft-supplied SVGA
driver.

To say more, we'd probably need to know what was in the sysdata.xml and
Version.txt files - or a least, what file name was mentioned in the error
report. This would probably indicate the driver which is playing up. As a
general guide: one of your device drivers is bad and crashing Windows. You
need to get a more reliable version of the guilty driver - either by
updating to a fixed (corrected) version of the driver, or else rolling back
to a less-demanding driver which won't stress the system so much.

When an application in user mode becomes unstable, Windows kills that
application, but leaves the rest of the system running. But device drivers
usually run right in the middle of the operating system kernel - when they
play up, they could corrupt the entire system. There is no process
protection for kernel mode drivers. Processing cannot reliably continue, so
Windows responds with a fail-fast shutdown of the entire system, before any
data is corrupted. Hence the blue screen.

Hope it helps,

Andrew,

Thank you for your response. I am using an HP Pavilion, and I believe the
driver that might be out of date is my HP PSC 2400 All-in-One Printer, which
I am not sure is even compatible with Windows Vista.

If I were to email you the sysdata.xml file and version.txt file, would you
be willing to take a look to see what the problem might be? I have contacted
Microsoft and HP, and they have not been very helpful. Once again, I would
be happy to send you a gift certificate to my website for your troubles.
Thank you for your time.

Andrew McLaren

Post subject: Re: Blue Screen Error Code [Login to view extended
thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

Andrew,

Thank you for your response. I am using an HP Pavilion, and I believe
the
driver that might be out of date is my HP PSC 2400 All-in-One Printer,
which
I am not sure is even compatible with Windows Vista.

If I were to email you the sysdata.xml file and version.txt file,
would you
be willing to take a look to see what the problem might be? I have
contacted
Microsoft and HP, and they have not been very helpful. Once again, I
would
be happy to send you a gift certificate to my website for your
troubles.
Thank you for your time.

Hey kristian64,

Sorry I didn't reply sooner - for some reason, your response never
appeared in my newsreader!

Anyways - sure, zip up the files into a ZIP and email them to me at
the address below. I can't promise a guaranteed answer! But I have debugged
a few hundred blue screens in my life. So maybe I can find something for you
:)

Cheers
Andrew