BIOS Flash

Reaction score
Hi all,
I apologize if this is the wrong section but I'd guess it falls under support, onto the problem -
I have an Asus P5W DH Deluxe and need to flash the BIOS so it will take my E6750. For this I need the BIOS revision 2104. I've checked the Asus site, found the revision I need and when I try to download it nothing happens. It's a dead link. Asus support isn't worth the paper it's written on so therefore I turn to you guys. Does anyone have this revision and / or knows a way around this. For one of the worlds biggest motherboard makers I expected more to be honest. Cheers all

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Yep, the entire Asus site is down right now (19.35).

I downloaded a whole set of drivers & BIOS for my M2V yesterday, normally they're quite good, though sometimes a little slow when busy.

Unless anybody here has that particular BIOS I'm afraid you'll have to wait until their site's up and running again, although you may find it using a search engine but that option is a little risky, somebody might be hosting a nasty claiming it's a BIOS file, so beware.

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Yep, the entire Asus site is down right now (19.35).

I downloaded a whole set of drivers & BIOS for my M2V yesterday, normally they're quite good, though sometimes a little slow when busy.

Unless anybody here has that particular BIOS I'm afraid you'll have to wait until their site's up and running again, although you may find it using a search engine but that option is a little risky, somebody might be hosting a nasty claiming it's a BIOS file, so beware.

I'm not using the search engine route for that reason. I still can't get the BIOS revision from Asus but I can use their forums etc which makes me think it's just a dead link and not the whole site going down. Thanks for the reply though

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
They usually have several links on the page , Global ,USA , Europe etc . I have found that if one does not work one of the otheres usually will . Just been on the site and it looks to be working , mind you that was a link for my board .

happywave.gif

Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
They usually have several links on the page , Global ,USA , Europe etc . I have found that if one does not work one of the otheres usually will . Just been on the site and it looks to be working , mind you that was a link for my board .

happywave.gif

The page that has the multiple download option doesn't have the revision I need. I can't win :(

Edit = I'm going to the Asus site - CPU support - Intel Core 2 Duo Processor - Core 2 Duo E6750 - Then I scroll down to the Asus P5W DH Deluxe BIOS revision, click the 'Go' link and I get nothing.

Last edited:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
You need any Bios 2104 or later - so any of the later ones will do :thumb:

In fact looking at their previous Bios revisions there doesn't appear to be a 2104 - wonder if thats an error and should be 2704?

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Just looked further within the site - Flops is correct you need the 2704 (Beta) Bios.

Reaction score
I've come across a new problem. I put the floppy disk in, click format and select Create MS-DOS startup disk. Everything goes well and the format finishes. I then went to add my new BIOS + the AFUDOS file and I'm getting a disk full message.

http://img231.imageshack.us/my.php?image=msdosbootzy9.png << That's what's on the MS-DOS startup disk.

Would I now be alright to add the new BIOS + AFUDOS to another floppy and flash that way? I'm trying to keep the whole process as simple as possible.

Thanks

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Right, download this file: DRD Flash.

Put a floppy disk in your drive and click on the file you've just downloaded.

This will make you a bootable floppy disk.

Add your BIOS ROM and the Asus flashing software to the disk and upgrade BIOS in usual way.

Alternatively, if you're using Windows, load Asus Flashing software from Motherboard CD and flash BIOS from within Windows.

Assuming your motherboard supports that function, but I suspect it does.

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Right, download this file: DRD Flash.

Put a floppy disk in your drive and click on the file you've just downloaded.

This will make you a bootable floppy disk.

Add your BIOS ROM and the Asus flashing software to the disk and upgrade BIOS in usual way.

Alternatively, if you're using Windows, load Asus Flashing software from Motherboard CD and flash BIOS from within Windows.

Assuming your motherboard supports that function, but I suspect it does.

Sorry my reply's so late. I tried to use the DRD Flash before using Windows to format me an MS-DOS disk. The DRD Flash won't work for me. I can provide the error message if needed.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I probably won't understand the error message, usually just a whole bunch of numbers that mean nothing to me.

Unless, of course, I visited MS's site and looked them up, which you could do.

Sounds to me as if either your floppy drive is faulty or the disk(s) you are using are faulty.

Either try a new drive (less than a tenner from PC World, around £7.00 online) and new/different disk or use the software method I mentioned above.

Reaction score
Sorry for my lack of replies. Today I tried to flash using a floppy disk. I used the Dr Dos startup and added afudos and the ROM file. When I got to the flashing my PC said 'A disk error occured press CTRL + ALT + DEL to retry'. I then tried using a CD-ROM and that went slightly better but this time it said 'Cannot open ROM file'.

Where am I going wrong with this? I've followed the guides I've seen to the very letter and done exactly what the manual told me to and still I get nothing.

Reaction score
Floppy drive was working fine. Surely can't be the disks as the optical discs gave me another error. Going to try the Asus EZ-Flash and see if that works

Last edited:

Ask a Question