Big Outlook.pst problems

Reaction score
I've spent a whole weekend trying to repair Oulook to no avail....if I didn't have so many important emails i would completely ditch it.

When I open outlook it basically runs very very slow. If i click on an email it takes about 5 mins to be revealed in the pane. This goes for any action such as accessing calendar or PAB.

Send/receive starts up and it shows that is downloading about 20 emails but nothing comes through after completing this task (I have since downloaded all these through openwebmail/new outlook profile)

I have run scanpst.exe which returns "An unexpected error prevented access to this file. Use scandisk to check for disk errors and thentry using inbox repair tool again"
and scandisk returns:

Fragments File Size Files that cannot be defragmented

21 492 MB \Documents and Settings\End User\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\archive.pst
28 1,013 MB \Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Outlook.pst

Otlook.pst is still under 1GB so the 2GB tool would not work.

I cannot copy outlook pst as it tell me it cannot be accessed.

I am at my wits end as I have so many emails in that profile that I need to retrieve.

Please help me with any other solution you can think of to help me out of this desperate situation.

Ask a Question