Bargain BFG 6800 GT OC for £233

Reaction score
Found this while playing with price comparison sites, a good £40-50 cheaper than other sites.

http://www.pcwcomponentcentre.co.uk/invt/bfgr68256gtocuk

Thinking of ordering one just to make sure they dont put the price up even though it would be the only part of the pc i would have untill i ordered the rest. Used google to find some reviews, seem very positive. One reviewer pushed the "Detect Optimal Frequencies" button and the speeds went up to 428 Mhz core and a 1.11 Ghz memory clock(review).

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Good price there Finn, and it actually looks as though they have them in stock :thumb:

Gawd, wish I had some money right now, but work has been a bit thin on the ground for the last month :(

I wonder if this is the start of AGP Vid card pricing coming down across the whole spectrum?

Reaction score
Bit spooky that is. I was about to visit that site for a new card, my bro works for them so he gets another 10 - 15% off.

Reaction score
I ordered mine over a month ago, when I looked at the tracking it said it was on its way to my house. After a couple of weeks I started sending emails and was eventually told that the batch they had been were sent was bad and had to be returned(even though there were people selling them on ebay saying that they had been bought from PCW). I sent several more emails to them trying to find out when or if I was ever going to get my card but did not get any reply until Thursday, the day after I had emailed everyone in the Dixons group to tell them that I think one of the apples, in their normaly healthy basket, was on the turn. Anyway they say there is another shipment coming in in the next week or 2 and asked me to email them if I was still interested.

So even if you see an advert for this card I wouldnt expect it any time soon if I were you.

The other one I have been looking at is the X800XL but it looks like noone is in a rush to get those to the market place either.

Ask a Question