Bethesda's E3 2018 Showcase

Article Bethesda's E3 2018 Showcase

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Becky submitted a new article:

Bethesda's E3 2018 Showcase - Fallout 76, Starfield, and The Elder Scrolls VI were the key announcements of the night

The Electronic Entertainment Expo 2018, better known as E3, kicks off this week in Los Angeles. Game studio Bethesda hosted their own showcase last night in advance of the official kick-off tomorrow, giving the audience more details about already teased games plus a tantalising first look at new upcoming titles.

Here's a recap.

Rage 2
After Andrew WK tried (and largely failed) to inject some much needed energy into the lack-lustre crowd, we learned a little more...

Read more about this article...

Last edited:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm very excited to hear more about Starfield. It looks right up my street! :thumb:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I enjoyed the first Doom game, so an interested in the new one.

For me E3 has been all about BFV and FH4

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
What, then, does Starfield being next-generation mean?

"That to us means two things," Todd Howard told me. "It does mean hardware and it does mean software on our side, and it also means gameplay - what does the next generation of epic single-player RPGs feel like to us?

"What systems we put it out on - what's the hardware requirements - is still to be determined. We're pushing it; we're thinking very, very far in future so we're building something that will handle next-generation hardware. That's what we're building on right now, that's where our mind is, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't exist on the current systems as well."

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-07-02-bethesda-new-ip-starfield-next-generation-todd-howard

I hope this means Bethesda are working on a new engine! About time too...

Ask a Question