Best price on 6600GT?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Mate of mine wants to upgrade his AGP 9600 128Mb vanilla flavour to something a bit better for around £100/£120.00.

He has a Pentium 4 3Ghz/Asus top range board (can't remember model number offhand).

Wants to upgrade before AGP cards get scarce as can't afford to go 64 bit yet.

I'm thinking 6600GT and best I can find so far is Leadtek 128Mb version for £109.22 from OC UK.

I've checked out Kustom PC's; Overclockers (Esnet) UK; Scan; Komplett & Dabs.

OC UK's price seems fair and I don't mind buying from them.

I've also checked e-buyer, would only manage to save £2.00 there and they offer 4 day delivery as opposed to OC UK's next day delivery anyway. Apart from that, although I may take a chance with e-buyer myself, I wouldn't foist them upon a friend ;)

So, what I'm asking is does anybody know any obvious bargains out there right now that I'm missing?

If you do - 6600GT in either 128 or 256 memory version - would you let me know? Gissalink?

And I won't order from MicroDirect, but everybody else is fair game.

If you can help out, I'd apreciate it (please remember it's an AGP card he needs) :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Including Postage:

Best I've found is 105.85

Edit : Actually, 105.67!

Edit Edit! : 98.05 from TechFever (TechFever is a member on these forums too)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Can't read - those are PCI-E... ignore me :blush:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Ian's been on the hooch, lol ;)

The Novatech card looks like a good deal but I notice core speed is 400Mhz, I'm sure the Leadtek card I've mentioned has core speed of 500Mhz, I'll have to check. Novatech are good traders though, from my experience, but they always used to be more expensive than everybody else, so I haven't been there lately. Thanks, VR, I'll consider that.

When I try the link for that UK shopping one, I'm not connecting (uk shopping link is ok, it's from there to supplier that no good).

I do like to deal with suppliers I know, but I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks, all, for your input.

Keep 'em coming :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
update: The UK shopping link eventually opened to a dealer named Pixmania, I never heard of them???

And it's a standard 6600, not a GT version, albeit it has 256Mb of memory.

Really after a 6600GT here, 128 0r 256, AGP version.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
flops said:

Yeah i was just gonna post that.... sorry my bad......:blush:

pikakilla

Proud Cruncher!
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
update: The UK shopping link eventually opened to a dealer named Pixmania, I never heard of them???

Really after a 6600GT here, 128 0r 256, AGP version.

pixmania is a french company selling mostly camera stuff,
i bought my camcorder from them last year,had no problems

Reaction score
6800 OCD ultra for sale

floppybootstomp said:
Mate of mine wants to upgrade his AGP 9600 128Mb vanilla flavour to something a bit better for around £100/£120.00.

He has a Pentium 4 3Ghz/Asus top range board (can't remember model number offhand).

Wants to upgrade before AGP cards get scarce as can't afford to go 64 bit yet.

I'm thinking 6600GT and best I can find so far is Leadtek 128Mb version for £109.22 from OC UK.

I've checked out Kustom PC's; Overclockers (Esnet) UK; Scan; Komplett & Dabs.

OC UK's price seems fair and I don't mind buying from them.

I've also checked e-buyer, would only manage to save £2.00 there and they offer 4 day delivery as opposed to OC UK's next day delivery anyway. Apart from that, although I may take a chance with e-buyer myself, I wouldn't foist them upon a friend ;)

So, what I'm asking is does anybody know any obvious bargains out there right now that I'm missing?

If you do - 6600GT in either 128 or 256 memory version - would you let me know? Gissalink?

And I won't order from MicroDirect, but everybody else is fair game.

If you can help out, I'd apreciate it (please remember it's an AGP card he needs) :)
I have an overclocked 6800 xfx ultra I want to sell. 150 American dollars, perfect condition. Just upgraded to 7800 gtx. heres the clock setting on it. 435 core/ 1.18ghz memory. contact me@ (e-mail address removed)

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Thanks for replies everybody. He'll pass on the used models, but thanks for offers.

Spoke to him yesterday and he has a new criteria: Best AGP card for around £200.00.

So, here we go again...:rolleyes:

Reaction score
The below is a v good card... £211

HIS Excalibur ATI Radeon X800 XL ICEQII TURBO 256MB DDR3 TV-Out/DVI (AGP) - Retail (RX800XL-AGPVICEQ) (GX-037-HT) [size=-1]
The HIS X800 series produces frame rates that surpass all previous graphic processors. Based on a radically new architecture, ATI has combined the latest semiconductor manufacturing process with ultra-fast and efficient GDDR3 memory to produce extreme data rates and unbelievable acceleration in a quiet and cool single-slot solution. The result is an incredibly smooth and responsive high-definition gaming experience. The IceQ cooling system draws cool air from inside the case and exhausts warm air outwards. This prevents the fan from recycling warm air to cool the VPU, which increases cooling performance and lower the air temperature inside the case significantly. HIS iTURBO easy to use interface provides a flexibility way for users to adjust the VPU clock, memory clock and fan speed, with the features of VPU temperature and fan speed monitoring.