BeforeUpdate Cancel

Reaction score
A little background. So I have a form with around 40 fields, and there are 5 fields I am manipulating with VBA to prevent the user from doing invalid actions. I built a change log table to track changes, and have the BeforeUpdate event for the form copying the record to the table if it detects any that fields were changed. So the 5 fields I am manipulating get restored to their previous values (some via BeforeUpdate event cancel and undo.. and some via AfterUpdate and global variables that are populated in the Current event for the form) when necessary, and I dont want those changes picked up in the BeforeUpdate form event. Does anyone have any thoughts on this one. I don't want to have to create events for all 50 fields to manually track what changes, but I want to be able to cancel the Beforeupdate for the form only one of the 5 fields are changed... if any of the other 45 fields are changed the before update needs to still run.

Ask a Question