.bat file in windows\system32

Larry Waibel

I have a component that installs a .bat file into windows\system32 on the
target. It's there in the image but looks like after the FBA it's not there.
Do I need to change the 'build order' value to get it to stay and if so, to
what value? Thanks!

KM

Larry,

If the file gets in your build, there is no way for it to disappear unless you explicitly delete it or it is self cleaning.

Unlikely the build order would help you if you think the file gets deleted during FBA.
Rather check out the .bat file content and all the FBA Generic command you set up in the configuration.

Larry Waibel

The .bat file contains:

msvcmon -tcpip -anyuser -timeout -1

and that's all. I don't have any FBA Generic commands (that I'm aware of). I found that
sometimes after I would use the file it would be gone but I sure don't see anything
'self-cleaning' about it. I changed to put it in the root instead of \windows\system32
and now it seems to be there all the time when I've needed it. Very strange :)

From: "KM" <konstmor@nospam_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: .bat file in windows\system32
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 10:17:13 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded

Larry,

If the file gets in your build, there is no way for it to disappear unless you
explicitly delete it or it is self cleaning.

KM

Larry,

Yes, that is strange.
Just in case, check out FBALog.txt and search there for any FBA generic command info or just for your .bat file name.