barking up the wrong tree?

Thanks for your time.

I've been assigned the task of building an application that will
automatically print DWG files. The list of files to print is derived from a
text file that is periodically ftp'ed to a network drive.

My current design includes a windows service and a exe file. The windows
service uses a FileSystemWatcher and a process component. The
filesystemwatcher looks for the ftp'ed file. On the create event of the
filesystemwatcher, it executes the process component which executes the exe
application to print the files.

All the pieces work independently of each other, but when I try to integrate
the two systems, the printing part doesn’t work.

Any ideas why when I call the exe from a windows service the printing
process behaves differently? The printing is being done in the exe, not the
windows service. I've read posts about the security concerns of printing to
a network printer from a service and the user permissions required. Do you
think this is my problem? ‘

John Kn [MS]

Question: I sthe exe called from the Windows Seevice?
--------------------
From: =?Utf-8?B?QnJpYW4=?= <[email protected]>
Subject: barking up the wrong tree?
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 19:37:01 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.general

[...]

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fprq2\fcharset0
MS Sans Serif;}{\f1\fswiss\fcharset0 Arial;}}
{\*\generator Msftedit 5.41.21.2500;}\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Cheers,\par
\par
johnKn [MS-SDK]\par
\par
\par
\par
-Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for \par
newsgroup purposes only\par
\par
-This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights.\par
\par
-To provide additional feedback about your community experience please send
\par
e-mail to: (e-mail address removed)\par
\f1\par
}

C-Services Holland b.v.

Why do you sign your message with an RTF code? Plain text will do just fine.