bandwidth im confused

Reaction score
HI PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN

IM HAVING A WEB SITE SET UP AND MY HOSTING COMPANY HAS A SOFT BANDWIDTH LIMIT OF 1 GB WHICH HE SAYS IS MORE THAN ENOUGH FOR OUR NEW E-COMMERCE SITE. If I LOOK AT OTHER HOSTING PACKAGES THEY GIVE A LOT MORE BANDWIDTH THIS SEEMS VERY LOW IS IT ?

REGARDS

CHRIS

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Chris,

Please don't type all in capitals, it makes it very hard to read! 1GB probably won't be enough if you are expecting more than 1000 visitors / month to your site. You can pick up a good hosting package from around £5/10 month with 5GB+ bandwidth which should be suited to your needs.

If you are only expecting a handful of visitors (around 30 a day) then it should suit your needs.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Here is what I get ...

• 500Mb Storage Space
  • 30Gb Data Transfer
  • 50 POP3 E-mail Accounts
  • 15 E-mail Auto-responders
  • 15 FTP accounts
  • 3 MySQL databases
  • 5 Subdomains
  • 2 Vanity Domains
  • SSL Support
  • FREE SETUP!
$29.99 which is around £17.00 a month. :thumb:

http://www.ipshosting.com/?shared

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
A friend of mine is starting hosting at http://www.aquinox.co.uk/. Thie site will be fully operational by the weekend, if you'd like more details e-mail (e-mail address removed) and tell him that Vince Cutting recommended you. The deals are very good and can be very flexible.

Reaction score
I really doubt 1GB will be enough bandwidth to cope with a busy e-commerce website.

I would expect in excess of 15GB for a reasonable e-commerce site, and maybe even more.

Depends on how many customers you are expecting to visit the new website.

Chris,

Ask a Question