Backup email and addressbook

G

New IBM 40Gb, 2.4 Gb, 256k Ram, Win XP Home. IBM sent me a new HDD, old one going bad. But need to backup email and address book. How do I do this so I can copy them back into Outlook Express once recovery done on new HDD. Cannot lose these email folders or data. Have about 45 folders and hundreds of emails. In summary, what files do I copy and how do I copy them back to OE? Are there any other files to copy, too? I only know enough to be dangerous, but depend on your expertise so I dont screw this up

Thanks so much
Monique

R

roger

Hi Monique,

New IBM 40Gb, 2.4 Gb, 256k Ram, Win XP Home. IBM sent me a new HDD, old one going bad. But need to backup email and address book. How do I do this so I can copy them back into Outlook Express once recovery done on new HDD. Cannot lose these email folders or data. Have about 45 folders and hundreds of emails. In summary, what files do I copy and how do I copy them back to OE? Are there any other files to copy, too? I only know enough to be dangerous, but depend on your expertise so I dont screw this up.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;270670
270670 - OLEXP: How to Back Up and Recover Outlook Express Data
This article describes how to back up and restore your messages,
Address Book, mail accounts, and news accounts in Outlook Express 5
and later. If multiple Identities are in use for Outlook Express,
these steps should be repeated for each Identity and...

Hope this helps

Ask a Question