Back calculating frequency in impedance

Reaction score
I have been after a answer to this question for 12 months now and no one has come close to answering it.
I would like to know if there is any way of re-aranging the formula below to back calculate the frequency.
I can rearange the fomula to get any one of the other input values back, except (F) freqency.

((R*R)+(((K*F*L)-(1E6/(K*F*C)))**2))**.5

parenethesies logic flow = blue red yellow
The standard series impedance equation is below. The one above is how I enter it in to my psion calculator and follows the numbers.

R squared + ( XL - XC ) squared then all square rooted

R= resistance K= a constant of 2times pie F= frequency C= capacitance L=inductance
**2 means square root and **.5 means all rooted.
I would be grateful for any help, but I wont hold my breath as I think it would take some one with at least a Phd in quadratic equations.

please send your replies directly to me at (e-mail address removed)
Regards
John (Sheffeild)

Last edited:
Reaction score
where's abert einstein when you need him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i haven't got a clue.

reckon ian might know!

Reaction score
I would think it would be something like F=R+((L+C)/6.28). I could be wrong as it's been 30 years since I've really had to do this. But then I think you probably don't need this answer anymore as it's been almost a month now.

Ask a Question