Average of a list with high and low ignored

Shu of AZ

In the example below, there are 8 of a possible 10 numbers. The amount
varies but never more than 10. These numbers represent a value of an
equation earlier on in the worksheet. I need to be able to formulate the
average of these numbers after the high and low has been removed. In this
case, 52.28 would not be used nor would 50.81. I currently use
{=AVERAGE(IF(D4:D15>0,D4:D15))} to do the average of all but need to remove
the high and low automatically. Can anyone assist in this? Thanks in
advance.

51.32
51.54
51.74
50.93
52.28
51.07
51.85
50.81
Blank
Blank
= Average with the high and low taken out

Jim Cone

if the blank cells are truly blank then...
=(SUM(D4:D15)-MIN(D4:D15)-MAX(D4:D15))/(COUNTA(D4:D15)-2)
Note that D4:D15 has twelve cells not ten.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Shu of AZ"
wrote in message
[...]

Pete_UK

Why have you started a new thread here, when you have answers in your
other thread that you say are acceptable?

Pete