Automating Photo Gallery Slide Show

James

Is there a way to automate the slide show photo gallery so the pictures
change automatically?

Thanks.

James

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28aka:_Crash_Gordo

No. Look into 3rd party products like JAlbum, ExpressThumbs, there's a zillion of them out there.

Once you generate an album with them, you'd Import them into FP.

| Is there a way to automate the slide show photo gallery so the pictures
| change automatically?
|
| Thanks.
|
| James

James

Thanks for the input--can you give me a bit more info. on how one imports,
for example, the JAlbum output into FrontPage to create the automated slide
show? I want the slide show to run from within existing FrontPage webpages.

Thanks.

James

"Rob Giordano (aka: Crash Gordon®)" <[email protected]>
wrote in message No. Look into 3rd party products like JAlbum, ExpressThumbs, there's a
zillion of them out there.

Once you generate an album with them, you'd Import them into FP.

| Is there a way to automate the slide show photo gallery so the pictures
| change automatically?
|
| Thanks.
|
| James

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28aka:_Crash_Gordo

Yeppers...

Use any of the album programs to generate your new album to a folder OUTSIDE of FP.

Then open FP.

Open; Web / Site (depends your version of FP)

Create a folder in FP that you want to Import album into.

Then with that folder highlighted in File View, hit File|Import and make sure you Import all the files from the folder outside of FP where you generated the album. (you could choose to import the whole folder if you wanted to, but I prefer to create a folder in FP first rather than let FP create it by Importation...either way will work)

Save and for good luck do a Recalculate Hyperlinks :) (probably not necessary but I'm superstitous)

The Publish up to your server.
====
(you can also edit the html pages somewhere in the whole process)

I recommend LOTS of experimentation on the local machine first to see the best way to create the album as there are lots of things you could do that may/maynot save you time later.

hth,
Robo

| Thanks for the input--can you give me a bit more info. on how one imports,
| for example, the JAlbum output into FrontPage to create the automated slide
| show? I want the slide show to run from within existing FrontPage webpages.
|
| Thanks.
|
| James
|

| "Rob Giordano (aka: Crash Gordon®)" <[email protected]>
| wrote in message | No. Look into 3rd party products like JAlbum, ExpressThumbs, there's a
| zillion of them out there.
|
| Once you generate an album with them, you'd Import them into FP.
|

| | | Is there a way to automate the slide show photo gallery so the pictures
| | change automatically?
| |
| | Thanks.
| |