Automatically join files

D

dblacker333

I would like to set up Excel to automatically join 3 .csv files (located in the same folder), each month, and place the result set in a spreadsheet. Is this possible? Thanks for your help.

D

Don Guillett

I would like to set up Excel to automatically join 3 .csv files (located in the same folder), each month, and place the result set in a spreadsheet. Is this possible? Thanks for your help.

Yes. but you need to provide much more info and files.

D

dblacker333

Yes. but you need to provide much more info and files.

Thanks for responding, Don.

I guess my question is really whether from VBA I can open multiple connections to the csv files and then execute a SQL string to do inner joins on those files. Hope I'm being more clear.

D

dblacker333

I just needed to create a DSN Control Panel>Data Sources, then turn on macro recorder, go to MS Query do the SQL, turn off recorder and examine the code. It's all I need.

Ask a Question