Automatically format

Abrielle

I have a workbook for personal banking purposes. When I log on to my bank, I
copy the latest lines of my statement and paste into my workbook.

I use Paste Special | Unicode text and my columns are filled appropriately.

The only problem is that the last column, i.e. the balance, does not format
to two decimal places as I had already set up.

How can I automatically paste in the right format, please? Do I need a
macro?

Jim Cone

After pasting your data:
Select the entire column (click the column heading)
Find the button on the "Home" tab (xl2007) or on a toolbar (xl2003) that looks somewhat
like that below...
----
<.0
..00
----
Clicking it (or its companion) will quickly adjust the display of decimals.

-or-
Paste your data into "Notepad" copy it again and paste into Excel.
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"Abrielle" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

Abrielle

Thank you.

"Jim Cone" wrote in message
After pasting your data:
Select the entire column (click the column heading)
Find the button on the "Home" tab (xl2007) or on a toolbar (xl2003) that
looks somewhat
like that below...
----
<.0
..00
----
Clicking it (or its companion) will quickly adjust the display of decimals.

-or-
Paste your data into "Notepad" copy it again and paste into Excel.
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.mediafire.com/PrimitiveSoftware
(Extras for Excel add-in: convenience built-in)

"Abrielle" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
news:[email protected]...