automatically fill in fields on subform

G

I have a main form with a subform. On the main form is a combo box listing trainings. Then I have a date field . On my subform I have all the mandatory training listed and I enter the date under each training that they take. What I want to do is when i select the training from the combo box and enter the date, I want the date to fill in under the training they took on my subform. Can this be done? Right now I have to enter the date twic
Thanks

G

Hi angel

You can access the main (parent) form by fully qualifying the reference to the date control. eg mySubFormDate.Value = Forms!myParentForm.myDateControl.Valu

You could possibly put this in the OnGotFocus event for your subform control so that when your cursor enters the field in the subform it automatically goes and retrieves the date that you entered in the parent form

Let me know how you go

Hope this helps
Tra

----- angel wrote: ----

I have a main form with a subform. On the main form is a combo box listing trainings. Then I have a date field . On my subform I have all the mandatory training listed and I enter the date under each training that they take. What I want to do is when i select the training from the combo box and enter the date, I want the date to fill in under the training they took on my subform. Can this be done? Right now I have to enter the date twic
Thanks

Ask a Question