Autofilter list arrow colors

Loris

In Excel 2003, The triangle in the drop down list button for any field that
is being used to filter a list is blue. I have a hard time distinguishing
the color. Is there any way to change the color in the triangle?

Debra Dalgleish

There's no way to change the drop down arrow's colour.

You could use programming to change the colour of the heading cell when
a column is filtered. There are sample files here:

Under Filters, look for 'FL0022 - FilterClick Colour' or 'FL0014 -
Colour Filter Headings'

Shane Devenshire

Hi,

In 2007 you will not have that problem because the filters display a filter
icon on them whenever a filter is applied. They also display a sort icon on
the filter if the field has been sorted.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

Annie1904

This is the best thing I've found on the internet in a long time! Thank you
Debra - this will make my life a lot easier!

Debra Dalgleish

You're welcome! Glad to hear that you like it.
This is the best thing I've found on the internet in a long time! Thank you
Debra - this will make my life a lot easier!

:

Joined
Jun 11, 2009
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Hi

You can do this without the need for VBA, using the COUNT() and SUBTOTAL() functions.

(Assuming column A has a header and contains only numeric values)

COUNT(A:A) will return the number of filled cells in column A
SUBTOTAL(102,A:A) will return the number on non-filtered filled cells in column A

So, if COUNT(A:A) <> SUBTOTAL(102,A:A), then there is a filter on.

You can use this expression in a conditional formatting rule to change the colours/fonts of the headings on your spreadsheet (I make it as garish as possible, becuase I don't want people to save spreadsheets with filters on!)

Hope this helps :)

Pip (aka Phil, I'm a bloke!)

IT Architect
West Sussex, UK