Autofill a series

Walter Mayes

Excel XP

Am trying to fill a series of dates such as:

1/1
1/2
1/3
1/4
1/5

1/8
1/9
1/10
1/11
1/12

First date in cell a3. By selecting cells a1:a14 I can get Excel to
leave the two blank cells but cannot get it to skip the 1/6, 1/7 dates. In
the next series Excel picks up with the 1/6 date.Is it possible to have
Excel "skip" dates with autofill?

Walter Mayes

Hi Walter,

I am using Excel 2003 at the moment so cannot test what you have said. But
one way around it which would work on XP would be to...

- fill your series down how ever many times you need it for,
- put an autofilter into column A (select column A and then add your filter
to pick up ALL values in column A, including blanks between data)
- Filter out 01/06 OR 01/07 using the custom filter
- clear these values (do not delete the rows, just clear the values)
- take off your filter, and hey presto.......

Hope this helps....

Bhupinder

Walter Mayes

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give it a shot.

Walter Mayes

"Bhupinder Rayat" wrote in message
Hi Walter,