Access Autoexecute ACCESS97 macro

Reaction score
I would like to know if there is a way to autoexecute a macro from ACCESS97 when the database is opened. I am trying to send some reports using the Task scheduler. I have gotten to the point where the database will open with the task scheduler but I can't figure the code for telling the schedule to execute the macros within ACCESS 97. Or is there a way to get the macro to autoexeute from with the database once the database in opened by the tash scheduler? Please help.....Thanks, Jerry

Reaction score
Wow, its been a long time since I've dealt with an Office 97 issue, but the logic should still be about the same.

If you can get the database to open up with the task scheduler, then how about...

- Set a default form. (In 2000, that setting is under "Tools" then "Startup"
- Modify that forms "Load" code to execute your macro.
- If you don't want the database to execute this every time it loads, use some VB code to specify some kind of timer that waits 10-15 seconds, and make the default form a warning about execution of the macro in X seconds, unless the form is closed.

Let me know if you need any further pointers to do this.

Nada Googled by...

Ask a Question