Autodisconnect does not hold

G

George Hester

In this place in the registry:

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\lanmanserver\parameters

I want the vale autodisconnect to have value ffffffff

but for some reason this will not stick. It is always changing to ffff or ff. I'd like this value ffffffff to persist. In other words I'd like this value ffffffff not to change. How can I make this value ffffffff persist so that it does NOT change once I have set it? Thanks.

Windows 2000 Advanced Server SP3
Windows 2000 Server SP4
Windows XP SP1
Windows 2000 Professional SP3

Happens in all these.

J

Jerold Schulman

In this place in the registry:

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\lanmanserver\parameters

I want the vale autodisconnect to have value ffffffff

but for some reason this will not stick. It is always changing to ffff or ff. I'd like this value ffffffff to persist. In other words I'd like this value ffffffff not to change. How can I make this value ffffffff persist so that it does NOT change once I have set it? Thanks.

Windows 2000 Advanced Server SP3
Windows 2000 Server SP4
Windows XP SP1
Windows 2000 Professional SP3

Happens in all these.

Assuming you have permission to write the key. it should bet set.
I Assume someone is changing it, or running
Net Config Server /autodisconnect:255

G

George Hester

No no one is changing it. I am the only person on these machines and absolutely no one is changing it for no one else here even knows what a registry is. It changes on its own. I set it at the time I wrote this post originally. I will look again. There is one thing though that has been happening that may explain it. I have not shut down these machines gracefully for quite some time. But they have shut down at least 5 times this summer due to Power Outages. It might be the setting hasn't stuck because the machines have not shut down gracefully everytime I set them. But I will look again now...nope it has changed back.

I'd like to set autodisconnect to ffffffff in this key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\lanmanserver\parameters

so that the value persists. It's not working. I suggest you try it. Give it a few days and a shutdown. I bet you it will retrurn to ffff the default. XP will return to ff.

Reaction score
Hi

In your response you dont state what permisions you have on the key......eg what user are you logged in as, is it a domain environment? and most importantly what persmissions does that user have over the reg key?

Regards

S

G

George Hester

The XP one has now stuck for about 4 days now. But has not been shut down once. I just cannot get the setting to stick in Windows 2000 Advanced Server SP3. The last post in response to Jerold I reset it again. And just now again it has changed back to ffff. It will not stick at what I set it to.

I'd like the setting for autodisconnect to be ffffffff to persist. But it will not. It is always reverting back to the default ffff. Always. On the Windows 2000 Server SP4 it is now ...yup reverts back there too it is now ffff. I will set it back to ffffffff but like I said before the value does not persist in Windows 2000. I could check the Professional but I don't have a monitor hooked up to it to be quick about it but I suspect it also has reverted back to the defualt.

Seems to me just changing this value in the registry is NOT sufficient. Something more needs to be done to make the chosen value persist. Please try it in your Windows 2000 and check it in a few days. I suspect you will notice this behavior.

Ask a Question