Autocomplete not working in Access combo box

M

miles

for some reason, autocomplete has stopped working in all of my combo
boxes in one of my applications. I have the property set to true in
the combo box properties settings so that can't be it?

Anyway else experience this behaviour?

Thx in advance,

Miles

Reaction score
The same thing is happening to me. I have 11 active databases with combo boxes and only one has stopped allowing me to tab to a new field, putting up the error msg saying I need to pick from the list, even if it is typed the same. Frustrating to no end.
I do have the SELECT DISTINCTROW in my program so it is not that. Also, something I noticed that wasn't happening before my combo boxes blew up. The combo boxes would grey out when exiting. Not sure what that means, just what I observed as being different.
Combo boxes are supposed to finish typing the selection based on what is keyed in first. That is not happening until I choose the Group radio button and change the permissions. It does not stay permanent because my Apply button is inactive.
Has anyone come up with a fix yet?

Reaction score
I did get my database fixed using the above link. I found the SQL Server Compatible Syntax (ANSI 92) button and clicked it off. Everything is back to normal. Thank you very much.

Ask a Question