Auto restart virus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi:

I am having a very serious problem. My system is auto restarting after random time.

I noted time: 0 Second, 5 Sec, 10 Sec, 15 Sec, 20 Sec, 25 Sec and 30 Sec.

That Virus is rebooting my system in one of upper times.

I did following things:

- I format my drive, and reinstall window. NOT WORKING

- I format drive, and Fix MBR, and Fix BOOT and reinstall windows. NOT WORKING

- I format drive to any other File System, and reinstall Windowx XP. NOT WORKING

- I Install windowx xp, and run latest antivirus scan, but NOT WORKING.

- I fix MBR, and Boot sector using Windows Recovery Console, but NOT WORKING.

Also system is restarting automatically during installation of windows (in random times)

Also it is restarting in Safe Mode (In random times)

At last i have changed my hard disk! But STILL RESTARTING!

There is no problem of dust in computer, no problem of FAN, no problem of power supply, no problem of hard disk!

Because it is restarting after fix time (0 sec, 5 sec, 10 sec.....30 sec), so i think it must be any program (virus).

Can any body help me?

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
if you've done a fresh install and changed the HD its got to be overheating or have a hardware fault somewhere

what are your system specs ?

Reaction score
500 Mhz Compaq
256 MB RAM
20 GB Hard Disk
2 LAN cards!

But as i said, it is defined time (2,10,15 sec.....) So it is not looking any hardware problem!
Is it related to System BIOS?

Electronics & Photo Fan

Dedicated Cruncher
Reaction score
As Me_2001 says, there is no way it can be a virus, if you have changed your hard disk. Often overheating will cause your system to shut down once the temperature exceeds a certain value, this could be after any number of seconds. If your system is overheating, then the BIOS will be what is telling your computer to restart.

When you say it restarts after 5, 10, 20 seconds, when do you time this from? Does Windows load before it restarts, do you reach the desktop?

We need as much information as you can to help us deal with your problem

Reaction score
Sorry big mistake from my side.

Time is not in seconds, it is in minutes. (like 0 minute, 5 minutes.....)

ok i figure out time as:

0 minutes: When Windows Start To load (Windows Loading screen appears and restart)
5 minutes: From loading of windows screen to 5 minutes
10 minutes: From loading of windows screen to 10 minutes

Maximum time of computer remain started is 30 minutes!

Electronics & Photo Fan

Dedicated Cruncher
Reaction score
Ok I see what you mean now.

I don't doubt it's restarting after set periods of time, if you say so, - but I have no idea why.

In the time that the computer DOES work, do you have full use of it? If so, I suggest you run a temperature monitor just to be sure it isn't overheating, try this one or this one. Of course that won't tell you if it's the PSU overheating.

If it's not overheating then it must be a hardware problem - the motherboard would be my best guess.

Reaction score
i've the same problem, and i've solved it, in my case its hardware driver digitally signed broken. try install another version of windows, or another clean installation cd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question