Auto-hide the Taskbar

Hi

Does anybody know how to activate the auto-hide funktion of the taskbar in order to be active after FBA

Regards
Günter

Ju KIm

Hello,

I'll create a component with following registry value:

System Key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\AutoHide]
Value Name: (Default)
Data Type: REG_SZ (String Value)
Value Data: (0 = disabled, 1 = enabled)

Ju Kim

ashisha

Hi Gunter,

Replies to this has been posted a couple of times on this NG.

Pls chek the Archive and search for
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StuckRects2
Registry key.

You need to use one of the Registry Monitor utilities (e.g. RegMon) to
see what value is set to this key.

HTH,
Ashisha

Grabher Günter

Hi,

I already tryed REGMON and InCtrl5 with no results. Simply cant't find what
makes the difference :(
Deleting StuckRects is often mentioned on the web to re-initialize an
invisible taskbar. But on my XPE image there is no such key. With or without
auto-hide function.

Regards,
Günter

Grabher Günter

Sorry, doesn't work :( , but nevertheless thanks for help

Regards,
Günter

Grabher Günter <[email protected]> wrote in message
Hi,

Does anybody know how to activate the auto-hide funktion of the taskbar in order to be active after FBA?

Regards,
Günter

Thanks Konstantin

This is indeed the bit which changes the taskbars auto-hide condition (well hidden *g*)

Simply building a component with build order bevore user interface core and the reg-ke

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StuckRects2\Setting

works

Regards
Günter

ashisha

Hi,

Okay..... Here is what I have found.

There is definately StuckRects2 key on XPe machine, try searching for
it.

BUT, The last time I tried monitoring the Hide/Unhide thing on my
machine was long time back, so when I tried this again today on my XPe
unit (Just for u :)), I noticed there is no change in this key!!!
Although, when I tried this again on my Dev Machine (Win 2K Pro), the
key at this location was definately getting changed!!!

Also, today I noticed one more change at
[HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Desktop\Components\0]

In hidden mode, the value at the above location is
"Position"=hex:2c,00,00,00,4e,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,b2,03,00,00,00,03,00,00,00,\
00,00,00,01,00,00,00,01,00,00,00,01,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00

In unhidden mode, the value at the above location changes to
"Position"=hex:2c,00,00,00,9c,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,64,03,00,00,e2,02,00,00,00,\
00,00,00,01,00,00,00,01,00,00,00,01,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00

I think u need to use Regmon again and see if it helps.

Also, I think there is a combination of more than 1 registry keys,
which helps in this process. Pls check that as well.

HTH,
Ashisha

Hi

You can read the solution under my answer to KM. Thank you very much for for your "Just for you"-effort :blush:

Regards
Günter

Kesavan

Hey guys ,

Using regmon / inctrl on the xpe machine should sort things
out.Did you try this on a XP Professional.. just a thought .

Regards,
Kesavan