Auto fill with custom list

Is there a way to make a list of certain items, and use that as a auto fill
list? for example on a seperate sheet, when I start writing a word, it should
auto fill it? (I'm not talking about the custom list from the drag / fill
feature).
For example, I want to make, that when I start
writing for example, "milk" and milk is on the custom list that I created,
then when I type "mi" it should auto fill it with milk. and so on. I have a
long list. Please help.

Jim Cone

Go to... Tools | Options | Edit (tab) ...
"Enable AutoComplete for Cell Values" should be check marked.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"art" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
Is there a way to make a list of certain items, and use that as a auto fill
list? for example on a seperate sheet, when I start writing a word, it should
auto fill it? (I'm not talking about the custom list from the drag / fill
feature).
For example, I want to make, that when I start
writing for example, "milk" and milk is on the custom list that I created,
then when I type "mi" it should auto fill it with milk. and so on. I have a
long list. Please help.

Gord Dibben

That feature works only if the previously entered text is in the same column on
one sheet.

I know of no way to have autocomplete on a separate sheet

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP