auto dial up

Tim Brown

I have a user on WXP SP2 who has a problem with her VPN connectoid auto
dialing whenever she is using IE, Outlook etc even when she is connected to
the LAN. I have checked the settings in IE and they are set to Never dial a
connection. Also, the EnableAutoDial reg entry is set to 0 (disabled). Any
ideas?

Jason Tan

Hello Tim,

Thanks for posting!

From your post I suggest you try the following steps to prevent it from
opening.

Suggestion 1:
============
1. Click Start then click Run.
2. Type "inetcpl.cpl" (without the quotation marks) in the open box then
click OK.
3. Switch to the Connections tab.
4. Under the Dial-up and Virtual Private Network settings area, you will
see your current dial-up connections.
5. Highlight them one by one and then choose "Never dial a connection".
6. Click OK and then restart your computer to test if the issue persists.

Suggestion 2:
============

Please create a new account to test this issue

1. Click Start, and click Control Panel.
2. Double-click "User Accounts".
3. Click the "Create a new account" link.
4. Follow the instructions to create a new account with Administrator
rights.
5. Log off the current user account and then log on the new account.

Hope the information helps.

Best Regards,

Jason Tan

Microsoft Online Partner Support