Auto completion

G

I have forgotten how to dothis can anyone help
I have 2 forms a giver form and a gift form. The giver form is the first form to be completed. Once all the information is in the giver from I have a command button to open the gift form. Both the giver table and the gift table are joined by a PK Contact_ID. I have 3 fields in the gift table (Contact_ID, First_Name, Last_Name). I would like these fields (the Contact_ID, First_Name, Last_Name) to automatically input data from the giver (table) or form to the gift table, just to use as confirmation fields. Can I get these 3 fields to auto complete and still have the gift fields tied to the gift table to be saved

J

John Vinson

I have forgotten how to dothis can anyone help.
I have 2 forms a giver form and a gift form. The giver form is the first form to be completed. Once all the information is in the giver from I have a command button to open the gift form. Both the giver table and the gift table are joined by a PK Contact_ID. I have 3 fields in the gift table (Contact_ID, First_Name, Last_Name). I would like these fields (the Contact_ID, First_Name, Last_Name) to automatically input data from the giver (table) or form to the gift table, just to use as confirmation fields. Can I get these 3 fields to auto complete and still have the gift fields tied to the gift table to be saved?

A gift doesn't HAVE a first name or a last name (at least not since
the Emanicpation Proclamation was enacted). These fields SHOULD NOT
EXIST in the gift table! In a relational database you want to avoid
storing data redundantly. If you have the Contact_ID in the Gifts
table that's *all you need*. You can display the giver's name on the
form by setting the Control Source of textboxes to

=comboboxname.Column(n)

where (n) is the zero based subscript of the field in the combo
containing the desired name; but you almost surely should not try to
store this name in the gifts table.

Ask a Question