Audio out of synch

G

I added some titles and credits to a MPG captured from my video camera. The credits take a while, so I added some background audio that plays while the credits are running. Then I saved the whole thing as a WMV (2.1 mbps NTSC).

It looks fabulous when viewed in the media player, but when I burn a DVD (with Sonic MyDVD) the audio is horribly out of synch (the credits end WAY before the background audio does, even though they match up in the timeline).

I thought maybe the background audio was the problem, so I switched it from MP3 to WAV, but no change.

So now I'm thinking maybe it's a problem with the titles and credits -- it's almost like the timeline is distorted or it's dropping frames somewhere along the way.

Thanks to anyone who can help!

B

Bob [MVP]

Try saving your movie in DV-AVI format instead of
WMV, and see if that helps. I would also stick
with the WAV audio format because MP3s can cause
other audio problems when saving to DV-AVI.

--
-Bob

codeweasel said:
I added some titles and credits to a MPG captured from my video camera. The credits take a while, so I added some background
audio that plays while the credits are running. Then I saved the whole thing as a WMV (2.1 mbps NTSC).
It looks fabulous when viewed in the media player, but when I burn a DVD (with Sonic MyDVD) the audio is horribly out of synch
(the credits end WAY before the background audio does, even though they match up in the timeline).
I thought maybe the background audio was the problem, so I switched it from MP3 to WAV, but no change.

So now I'm thinking maybe it's a problem with the titles and credits -- it's almost like the timeline is distorted or it's
dropping frames somewhere along the way.

G

Thank you very much for the reply.

I'm afraid that's not too practical at the moment -- Movie Maker won't produce a DV-AVI because the file size would be too large. I'll buy a new hard drive if I have to, but is there anything else I can try short of that?

Ask a Question