Bargain Audio Editor Deluxe ---- Free

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/

17 hours 28 minutes left before its gone.

BTW, you can use the registration info in readme.txt with the trial version downloaded from their website (takes care of the “what if I want to reinstall another day or on another computer” issue)

http://www.audioeditor.biz/freetrial.html

happywave.gif

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I'll give this a try Ab

I downloaded from your second link and used the serial from the readme.txt and it installed and worked fine, whether we'll be able to reinstall another time and use that serial again and it'll still work is another question..I live in hope though..;)

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Is it OK? :confused:

Kaspersky didn't like it one bit so I didn't continue.

I trust that you've had no problems.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
No its fine Niv...I scanned it before and after unpacking..No problems with it mate its safe to download and install..:nod:

Reaction score
nivrip said:
Is it OK? :confused:

Kaspersky didn't like it one bit so I didn't continue.

I trust that you've had no problems.

Kaspersky didn't like it one bit for me either...

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Thanks Abarb, another useful bit of kit :)

Though at first glance it seems to be just like freeware Audacity. I will have to study further to see if it offers anything extra.

I'm just preparing to back up my system with Acronis True Image Ten to another internal hard drive and so far I've d/l & installed all Windows XP Pro updates, run Crap Cleaner and used Superantispyware for a full scan. The scan showed nothing harmful, not a sausage.

Right now Antivir is carrying out a full scan of all drives, I have five SATA drives on this machine, my AMD 3.2Ghz dual core Black Edition beastie :)

If Antivir picks up anything I'll post here.

And after Antvir has finished I'll use Diskkeeper to defrag and back up C drive.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
crazylegs said:
I'll give this a try Ab

I downloaded from your second link and used the serial from the readme.txt and it installed and worked fine, whether we'll be able to reinstall another time and use that serial again and it'll still work is another question..I live in hope though..;)

Did the same as you crazylegs and I do not get the 10-9-8-7-6- etc nag screen.

happywave.gif

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Thank you Abarbarian :thumb: Just downloaded - KIS remained happy here too :nod: Looks good :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Small update to my earlier post - Antivir found nothing.

So, now to defrag and backup.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
How are you finding Acronis trueimage Flopp's..

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
crazylegs said:

Ok. I've been using it for about five years now and it's saved my bacon several times :thumb:

Only criticism is Version 8 wouldn't recognise a RAID 0 array when I tried to restore once, it saw the drives only as two seperate discs.

I don't know if V10.0 will do that but the only RAID 0 array I have atm has Vista on it which is now 15 months old and stable as hell. Despite it's faults I have to say Vista is actually quite secure and stable, so unlikely to need a backup.

And if I do, no probs, fresh install on that machine ok, it's this 2nd machine I fret about if the OS (XP) were to crash.

All data on Vista machine inc saved games, CoD4 profile etc, backed up regularly to USB stick/DVD.

Reaction score
crazylegs said:

Hi folks,
That acronis download ya's mentioned earlier.....was that a full or a trial version,cos i can only find a trial version and it wont let you do very much....has anyone still got a link ??
Audio editor isnt bad at all....but i had to install it twice.
Here's a little linky and its free....http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.asp .could anybody please have a look and give me an opinion.
Zzzzz

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
To the man wearing the Viking horns:

It is on topic, sortta. Some of us have just installed two freebie software programs you've pointed us to.

It's a possibility that if ever we need to reinstall our OS those programs won't be free.

One of those programs was the subject of this thread.

Therefore we are discussing ways to keep it a freebie which involves the use of a disk imaging program.

You see? :) Easy really, when you think about it :)

We don't have a smiley that gives the single finger salute but imagine one just here >>> ;)

Mr Z Z Top:

I have no idea what that software you've linked to is like. If you're going to try it, scan it for viruses first. Then if you'd like to tell us about it, that would be good :thumb:

Unfortunately the free version of Acronis True Image Ten was a limited offer :(

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
To the man wearing the Viking horns:

It is on topic, sortta. Some of us have just installed two freebie software programs you've pointed us to.

It's a possibility that if ever we need to reinstall our OS those programs won't be free.

One of those programs was the subject of this thread.

Therefore we are discussing ways to keep it a freebie which involves the use of a disk imaging program.

You see? :) Easy really, when you think about it :)

We don't have a smiley that gives the single finger salute but imagine one just here >>> ;)

Mr Z Z Top:

I have no idea what that software you've linked to is like. If you're going to try it, scan it for viruses first. Then if you'd like to tell us about it, that would be good :thumb:

Unfortunately the free version of Acronis True Image Ten was a limited offer :(

:D:p
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif

Reaction score
Laughter - Good for the soul

Abarbarian said:
Hey AB,
did you get new screen shot software or summat.....you're very snap happy today.....keep them coming though. They are great laff LOL
:lol: Zzzzz

Ask a Question