Audio Devices

Leroy

After upgrading to WINXP PRO I have no audio what must I do look for audio
Devices or audio drivers. Before I upgraded to winxp pro I had audio on my
computer. Please help.

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

You'll need to find XP drivers for your audio card from the audio card
manufacturer's website or if it's an audio chipset on the motherboard, from
the motherboard manufacturer's website.

Try opening device mgr in system properties,scroll to audio,expand the tree,
R.click on the device,select,update drivers.If the device doesnt show,power
off
computer,move the card to a diffrent pci slot.

formermarine

--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"Leroy" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message
After upgrading to WINXP PRO I have no audio what must I do look for
audio
Devices or audio drivers. Before I upgraded to winxp pro I had audio
on
my computer. Please help.

I have the same problem, And I installed A new Soundcard in desperation
with updated drivers(and its enabled in device manager). When I go to
control panel and check audio it says There is no audio device
installed, then when I move over a couple of tabs the window says the
audio device is working properly. COMPLETELY CONFUSING!!!!!!!! I'm
almost ready to take it to the repair shop and pay