Audacity, how to uninstall?

Dave C.

I downloaded Audacity version 1.2.3, now freeware, which digitizes analog
signals for converting to CD's and it is more of a program I want to handle.

The manual says to go to Add/Remove, but there is no listing there to
uninstall. It doesn't show up on my Start>Programs either, and the
installed directory does include an uninstall program.

What would be the best was to uninstall this......just delete the directory?
or what else?

Thanks

--
Dave C.

(e-mail address removed)9et

Remove the five 9's (leave the 4) for email.

mike ring

I downloaded Audacity version 1.2.3, now freeware, which digitizes
analog signals for converting to CD's and it is more of a program I
want to handle.

The manual says to go to Add/Remove, but there is no listing there to
uninstall. It doesn't show up on my Start>Programs either, and the
installed directory does include an uninstall program.

What would be the best was to uninstall this......just delete the
directory? or what else?

Thanks
I generally just delete the prog file, use RUN>Find to locate any file to
do with it that may have been placed elsewhere in Windows, delete them all,
run Regseeker or cleaner of choice and forget it.

If I really go to town, I reun regedit, searche the registry for all keys
and data, and delete them too.

mike

MLC

_Dave C._, venerdì 03/dic/2004:
I downloaded Audacity version 1.2.3, now freeware, which digitizes analog
signals for converting to CD's and it is more of a program I want to handle.

The manual says to go to Add/Remove, but there is no listing there to
uninstall. It doesn't show up on my Start>Programs either, and the
installed directory does include an uninstall program.

What would be the best was to uninstall this......just delete the directory?
or what else?

Use the unins000.exe in its installed directory. Do you have it?
If you don't, something got wrong with your install. Try installing it
again.

Deleting its directory is not enough, there are many registry keys to
delete. If the other methods fail, post again and I'll make a list.

Anthony Giorgianni

Just to affirm what MLC said. Audacity DOES appear on my Add/remove programs
menu. Sounds like a bad install.

By the way, it is not really that hard to use if you're only doing basic
things, and it's a fun program. Along with recording music, you can easily
record whole conversations with yourself, playing three, four or even more
parts - interrupt yourself, talk over yourself. Did it with my 95-year-old
father and a laptop. Turned out really funny.

Anthony Giorgianni

The return address for this post is fictitious. Please reply by posting back
to the newsgroup.

Mikey

Hi;
....and the installed directory DOES include an UNinstall program.
???Seems obvious.

Dave C.

Well, I re-installed again to C:\audacity folder to no avail. Deleted the
folder and re-installed it to no avail. The uninstall still does not
appear. However the program and help files run fine. The zip file that I
downloaded and extracted the files from is audacity-win-1.2.3.zip.

It is just curious that I do not get the uninstall file ike I should.

I'll delete the directory and run Regseeker and be done with it. But first,
I may play around with it for a while. My intention was to record vinyl
records to CDs. I found for this purpose Audiograbber does this a little
simpler for me.

Thanks to all for the ideas.

Dave C.

(e-mail address removed)9et

Remove the five 9's (leave the 4) for email.

Robert Bunn

"Anthony Giorgianni" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
Just to affirm what MLC said. Audacity DOES appear on my Add/remove programs
menu. Sounds like a bad install.

By the way, it is not really that hard to use if you're only doing basic
things, and it's a fun program. Along with recording music, you can easily
record whole conversations with yourself, playing three, four or even more
parts - interrupt yourself, talk over yourself. Did it with my 95-year-old
father and a laptop. Turned out really funny.

I use it to record drum polyrhythms and such. In conjunction with lame,
it's priceless. The only complaint I have about it is it makes me want a
nice expensive mixer board to hook up to my computer so I can get better
sound quality out of my drums.

Tim Weaver

Dave said:
Well, I re-installed again to C:\audacity folder to no avail. Deleted
the folder and re-installed it to no avail. The uninstall still does
not appear. However the program and help files run fine. The zip file
that I downloaded and extracted the files from is
audacity-win-1.2.3.zip.

It is just curious that I do not get the uninstall file ike I should.

I'll delete the directory and run Regseeker and be done with it. But
first, I may play around with it for a while. My intention was to
record vinyl records to CDs. I found for this purpose Audiograbber does
this a little simpler for me.

Thanks to all for the ideas.

Regards,

Just sent you an e-mail.

Anthony Giorgianni

I feel your pain :O)

Anthony Giorgianni

The return address for this post is fictitious. Please reply by posting back
to the newsgroup.

WebWalker

Mine Audacity does include uninstall in the control panel's "Add or
Remove Programs ...".
As others have suggested, you can manual locate the uninstall program
from the Audacity folder.

dadiOH

Dave said:
Well, I re-installed again to C:\audacity folder to no avail.
Deleted the folder and re-installed it to no avail. The uninstall
still does not appear. However the program and help files run
fine. The zip file that I downloaded and extracted the files from
is audacity-win-1.2.3.zip.

It is just curious that I do not get the uninstall file ike I
should.

No it isn't. Unzipping a zip to a directory isn't "installing". Had
you downloaded the audacity exe file rather than the zip you would
have "installed"

--
dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.05...

Dave C.

Ah, dadiOH, that's probably the answer. In general, I usually prefer to
download the zip version rather than the .exe version, as it is easy to
inspect them before I unzip or install them. Nevertheless, regseeker can
take care of the registry if i choose to remove it. I did not find any
uninstall files in the audacity folder either. The files inside the zip
version also did not reveal any uninstallation, surprising enough.