Attempting to use FAXCOMEXLib.dll from .NET


A

Andrew Schmidt

I am having trouble creating an automated fax client in .NET. I am running
on XP professional. The faxing apparatus seems to be working fine when I
print to the fax driver from Word and other applications.

As a first step in creating my app I have attempted to run the VB example
found at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/fax/faxusing_27co.asp.
When I load and run this example I receive the following error when
executing line
JobID = objFaxDocument.ConnectedSubmit(objFaxServer)

80070483, Operation Failed

This error does not match any found on page

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/fax/faxusing_9a2b.asp

What does this error mean?
Is there a more complete list of errors than found at the above location?

Thanks
Andy
 
Ad

Advertisements

A

Alex Feinman [MVP]

What kind of document are you trying to print?
Is it an Office document? If so, there is a problem that is caused by
Word/Excel trying to collect the initials from a user upon a first start. If
you are doing this for example from a web page, the process is running under
one of the special accounts (other then the current user) and the Office
apps have not run in that profile yet. The solution is a registry patch. I
could look it up if this is the problem you exprience
 
A

Andrew Schmidt

I am trying to send a tiff file. I am not running from a web page. My code
is a winforms app running under the credentials of the currently logged on
user.

I have also tried the following Microsoft example code as is-running under
VB6. All I did was create a small text file c:\eriitemp\body.txt. Still
getting error 80070483, Operation Failed when executing the ConnectedSubmit.

Changing the body.txt file to a word doc changed the behavior slightly. Now
word visibly launched, them disappeared followed by the error 8007065E.

Can this be some sort of permissions problem?

The Microsoft Sample code:

Private Sub Form_Load()

Dim objFaxDocument As New FAXCOMEXLib.FaxDocument Dim objFaxServer As New
FAXCOMEXLib.FaxServer Dim objSender As FaxSender Dim JobID As Variant

'Error handling

On Error GoTo Error_Handler

'Connect to the fax server

objFaxServer.Connect ""

'Set the fax body

objFaxDocument.Body = "c:\ERIITemp\Body.txt"

'Name the document

objFaxDocument.DocumentName = "My First Fax"

'Set the fax priority

objFaxDocument.Priority = fptHIGH

'Add the recipient with the fax number 12225550100
objFaxDocument.Recipients.Add "12225550100", "Bud"

'Choose to attach the fax to the fax receipt
objFaxDocument.AttachFaxToReceipt = True

'Set the cover page type and the path to the cover page
objFaxDocument.CoverPageType = fcptSERVER objFaxDocument.CoverPage =
"generic"

'Provide the cover page note

objFaxDocument.Note = "Here is the info you requested"

'Provide the address for the fax receipt objFaxDocument.ReceiptAddress =
"(e-mail address removed)"

'Set the receipt type to email

objFaxDocument.ReceiptType = frtMAIL

'Specify that the fax is to be sent at a particular time
objFaxDocument.ScheduleType = fstSPECIFIC_TIME 'CDate converts the time to
the Date data type objFaxDocument.ScheduleTime = CDate("4:35:47 PM")

objFaxDocument.Subject = "Today's fax"

'Set the sender properties.

objFaxDocument.Sender.Title = "Mr."

objFaxDocument.Sender.Name = "Bob"

objFaxDocument.Sender.City = "Cleveland Heights"

objFaxDocument.Sender.State = "Ohio"

objFaxDocument.Sender.Company = "Microsoft"

objFaxDocument.Sender.Country = "USA"

objFaxDocument.Sender.Email = "(e-mail address removed)"

objFaxDocument.Sender.FaxNumber = "12165555554"

objFaxDocument.Sender.HomePhone = "12165555555"

objFaxDocument.Sender.OfficeLocation = "Downtown"

objFaxDocument.Sender.OfficePhone = "12165555553"

objFaxDocument.Sender.StreetAddress = "123 Main Street"

objFaxDocument.Sender.TSID = "Office fax machine"

objFaxDocument.Sender.ZipCode = "44118"

objFaxDocument.Sender.BillingCode = "23A54"

objFaxDocument.Sender.Department = "Accts Payable"

'Save sender information as default

objFaxDocument.Sender.SaveDefaultSender

'Submit the document to the connected fax server 'and get back the job ID.

JobID = objFaxDocument.ConnectedSubmit(objFaxServer)

MsgBox "The Job ID is :" & JobID(0)

Exit Sub

Error_Handler:

'Implement error handling at the end of your subroutine. This implementation
is for demonstration purposes

MsgBox "Error number: " & Hex(Err.Number) & ", " & Err.Description

End Sub
 
A

Andy Schmidt

Hello. Anyone out there????

Alex Feinman said:
What kind of document are you trying to print?
Is it an Office document? If so, there is a problem that is caused by
Word/Excel trying to collect the initials from a user upon a first start. If
you are doing this for example from a web page, the process is running under
one of the special accounts (other then the current user) and the Office
apps have not run in that profile yet. The solution is a registry patch. I
could look it up if this is the problem you exprience


http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/fax/faxusing_27co.asp.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/fax/faxusing_9a2b.asp
 
L

Loganatr [MSFT]

1. Have you given \\ while specifiying body,
objFaxDocument.Body = "c:\\ERIITemp\\Body.txt"

2. Are you able to send fax only with coverpage and without any attachments?

2 . Are you able to print and fax a tiff file?

--
Loganatr [MSFT]
Microsoft Printing, Imaging and Fax Team
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup
purposes only.'
 
A

Andy Schmidt

Changed following line to make progress: objFaxDocument.ReceiptType =
FAXCOMEXLib.frtNONE

Cover Only only now works as does faxing a .doc file but get 80070483,
Operation Failed error when I specify a .tiff file.

A fax-unrelated posting mentions 80070483 indicates a file association
problem. Tiff is associated with Microsoft Office Document Imaging program
on this machine. Is that correct?

Double slashes seem to make no difference.

Tx
Andy


Loganatr said:
1. Have you given \\ while specifiying body,
objFaxDocument.Body = "c:\\ERIITemp\\Body.txt"

2. Are you able to send fax only with coverpage and without any attachments?

2 . Are you able to print and fax a tiff file?

--
Loganatr [MSFT]
Microsoft Printing, Imaging and Fax Team
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup
purposes only.'



Andy Schmidt said:
Hello. Anyone out there????

start.
patch.
when
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/fax/faxusing_27co.asp.http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/fax/faxusing_9a2b.asp
 
A

Andy Schmidt

Hello, Hello, Anyone Home?

Andy Schmidt said:
Changed following line to make progress: objFaxDocument.ReceiptType =
FAXCOMEXLib.frtNONE

Cover Only only now works as does faxing a .doc file but get 80070483,
Operation Failed error when I specify a .tiff file.

A fax-unrelated posting mentions 80070483 indicates a file association
problem. Tiff is associated with Microsoft Office Document Imaging program
on this machine. Is that correct?

Double slashes seem to make no difference.

Tx
Andy


Loganatr said:
1. Have you given \\ while specifiying body,
objFaxDocument.Body = "c:\\ERIITemp\\Body.txt"

2. Are you able to send fax only with coverpage and without any attachments?

2 . Are you able to print and fax a tiff file?

--
Loganatr [MSFT]
Microsoft Printing, Imaging and Fax Team
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup
purposes only.'



Andy Schmidt said:
Hello. Anyone out there????

What kind of document are you trying to print?
Is it an Office document? If so, there is a problem that is caused by
Word/Excel trying to collect the initials from a user upon a first start.
If
you are doing this for example from a web page, the process is running
under
one of the special accounts (other then the current user) and the Office
apps have not run in that profile yet. The solution is a registry
patch.
I
could look it up if this is the problem you exprience

I am having trouble creating an automated fax client in .NET. I am
running
on XP professional. The faxing apparatus seems to be working fine
when
I
print to the fax driver from Word and other applications.

As a first step in creating my app I have attempted to run the VB
example
found at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/fax/faxusing_27co.asp.http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/fax/faxusing_9a2b.asp
 
Ad

Advertisements

R

Raghavendra R [MSFT]

The error code 0x80070483 is a standard HRESULT value. The value of 7 in the
first half indicates that is a Win32 error code. The second half is the
actual code, 0x483 which is 1155. Typing 'net helpmsg 1155' on a
command-line displays the following message

"No application is associated with the specified file for this operation."

So your problem is in fact with some file association. You can try restoring
the file association for TIFF to the standard 'Windows Picture & Fax Viewer'
in Windows Explorer > Folder Options. File Types. For most users the command
line should read:
"rundll32.exe <drive>:\WINDOWS\system32\shimgvw.dll,ImageView_Fullscreen %1"



HTH.


--
Raghavendra R
Microsoft Printing, Imaging and Fax Team
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup
purposes only.

Andy Schmidt said:
Hello, Hello, Anyone Home?

Andy Schmidt said:
Changed following line to make progress: objFaxDocument.ReceiptType =
FAXCOMEXLib.frtNONE

Cover Only only now works as does faxing a .doc file but get 80070483,
Operation Failed error when I specify a .tiff file.

A fax-unrelated posting mentions 80070483 indicates a file association
problem. Tiff is associated with Microsoft Office Document Imaging program
on this machine. Is that correct?

Double slashes seem to make no difference.

Tx
Andy


Loganatr said:
1. Have you given \\ while specifiying body,
objFaxDocument.Body = "c:\\ERIITemp\\Body.txt"

2. Are you able to send fax only with coverpage and without any attachments?

2 . Are you able to print and fax a tiff file?

--
Loganatr [MSFT]
Microsoft Printing, Imaging and Fax Team
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup
purposes only.'



Hello. Anyone out there????

What kind of document are you trying to print?
Is it an Office document? If so, there is a problem that is caused by
Word/Excel trying to collect the initials from a user upon a first
start.
If
you are doing this for example from a web page, the process is running
under
one of the special accounts (other then the current user) and the Office
apps have not run in that profile yet. The solution is a registry patch.
I
could look it up if this is the problem you exprience

I am having trouble creating an automated fax client in .NET. I am
running
on XP professional. The faxing apparatus seems to be working
fine
when
I
print to the fax driver from Word and other applications.

As a first step in creating my app I have attempted to run the VB
example
found at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/fax/faxusing_27co.asp.http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/fax/faxusing_9a2b.asp
 
A

Andrew Schmidt

Bingo! That's it. Tiff was incorrectly associated with Microsoft Office
Document Imaging. When I changed it to 'Windows Picture & Fax Viewer' it
worked.
Thanks for your assistance.
Andy


Raghavendra R said:
The error code 0x80070483 is a standard HRESULT value. The value of 7 in the
first half indicates that is a Win32 error code. The second half is the
actual code, 0x483 which is 1155. Typing 'net helpmsg 1155' on a
command-line displays the following message

"No application is associated with the specified file for this operation."

So your problem is in fact with some file association. You can try restoring
the file association for TIFF to the standard 'Windows Picture & Fax Viewer'
in Windows Explorer > Folder Options. File Types. For most users the command
line should read:
"rundll32.exe <drive>:\WINDOWS\system32\shimgvw.dll,ImageView_Fullscreen %1"



HTH.


--
Raghavendra R
Microsoft Printing, Imaging and Fax Team
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup
purposes only.

Andy Schmidt said:
Hello, Hello, Anyone Home?

Andy Schmidt said:
Changed following line to make progress: objFaxDocument.ReceiptType =
FAXCOMEXLib.frtNONE

Cover Only only now works as does faxing a .doc file but get 80070483,
Operation Failed error when I specify a .tiff file.

A fax-unrelated posting mentions 80070483 indicates a file association
problem. Tiff is associated with Microsoft Office Document Imaging program
on this machine. Is that correct?

Double slashes seem to make no difference.

Tx
Andy


1. Have you given \\ while specifiying body,
objFaxDocument.Body = "c:\\ERIITemp\\Body.txt"

2. Are you able to send fax only with coverpage and without any
attachments?

2 . Are you able to print and fax a tiff file?

--
Loganatr [MSFT]
Microsoft Printing, Imaging and Fax Team
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights.
Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for
newsgroup
purposes only.'



Hello. Anyone out there????

What kind of document are you trying to print?
Is it an Office document? If so, there is a problem that is
caused
by
Word/Excel trying to collect the initials from a user upon a first
start.
If
you are doing this for example from a web page, the process is running
under
one of the special accounts (other then the current user) and the
Office
apps have not run in that profile yet. The solution is a registry
patch.
I
could look it up if this is the problem you exprience

I am having trouble creating an automated fax client in .NET.
I
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/fax/faxusing_27co.asp.http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/fax/faxusing_9a2b.asp
 
Joined
Feb 17, 2006
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Hi,

I have a similar problem with many files I m triing to fax.

How have you been able to get the error code?

===========================
The error code 0x80070483 is a standard HRESULT value. The value of 7 in the
first half indicates that is a Win32 error code. The second half is the
actual code, 0x483 which is 1155. Typing 'net helpmsg 1155' on a
command-line displays the following message

===========================

I would like to cath this error code too.

Thanks!
 
Joined
Dec 10, 2007
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi,

I have a similar problem with many files I m triing to fax.

When I used the above function, show exception message ("Additional information: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID")
Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
objFaxServer = New FAXCOMEXLib.FaxServer
...

Public Class csFax
Public objFaxDocument As FAXCOMEXLib.FaxDocument = New FAXCOMEXLib.FaxDocumentClass
Public objFaxServer As FAXCOMEXLib.FaxServer
Public JobID As Object
End Class

It means I failed to connect FAXCOMEXLib, and i want asking how to connect FAXCOMEXLib.
Please help me to connect this dll.
 
Ad

Advertisements

Joined
Feb 11, 2010
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
When using FaxComExLib, my C# web application works great in Vista, but in Windows 2003 I get the following error:

Unable to cast COM object of type 'FAXCOMEXLib.FaxServerClass' to interface type 'FAXCOMEXLib.IFaxServer2'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{571CED0F-5609-4F40-9176-547E3A72CA7C}' failed due to the following error: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)).

in my web application's Bin folder if have Interop.FAXCOMEXLib.dll.

The version of c:\windows\system32\fxscomex.dll is 5.2.3790.3959.

Can anyone be able to help me.

Thx
 

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Top