Attachments

Shoe

I get the following message.
"OE removed access to the following unsafe attachment".
The attachment was a confirmation of an e-mail sent.

How can I get my attachments back??

John Clifford Hole

Shoe,

Posted to newsgroup and emailed directly to the poster of the message that this is a reply to.

See if this helps.

Load up Outlook Express and click on Tools/Options/Security and see if you've got a tick against "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus."

If you have then uncheck this box and you should get access to all attachments.

Before you do this,of course,make sure that you have installed,and keep up-to-date,a good virus checker program.

You might also find this useful.

Load up Outlook Express and remove,if it's there,the tick against 'When Outlook Express starts, go directly to my Inbox' .

Click on INBOX then right-click an empty bit of the TOOLBAR and click on CUSTOMIZE and find the icon called PREVIEW and double-click it to add it to the TOOLBAR.

When you've done this you can click on the PREVIEW icon to turn on or turn off the PREVIEW PANE.

You can then turn it off,before you go on-line,and let all your emails download then delete any that look 'suspicious' - without them being opened when you click on their headers to highlight them before deleting them - then turn it back on to view the rest of them.

If you're still not sure about any of the 'safe' ones then - with the Preview Pane still turned off - you can right-click the header and then click PROPERTIES/DETAILS/MESSAGE SOURCE and see what the email contains then decide to either delete it or open it.

John Clifford Hole [MVP] of Enfield Middlesex

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP IE/OE

Shoe said:
I get the following message.
"OE removed access to the following unsafe attachment".
The attachment was a confirmation of an e-mail sent.

How can I get my attachments back??

In OE go to Tools | Options | Security and uncheck "Do not allow
attachments...".

Please read these articles:

Using Virus Protection Features in Outlook Express 6
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=291387
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329570
and http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/faqs/why.htm#oe6attach

--