Atrix 500T PSU ... first impressions?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Thought I'd get this "no-name" PSU out of the box and have a look at it ... I'll be building the PC later this week.

First impressions are good ... This is a dual-rail 12V P4/P5 AMD 64/64FX ready PSU, weighs in at 1.5kg and is 600watt ATX V2.0 compliant.

There is a 'whispering' 120mm fan with "Silence Control Technology" where the fan speed consistently stays at the possible lowest RPM rate 600-1200 RPM at 60% ... and will increase linearly up to ca. 1600-2500 RPM under full load when the heat dissipation is going higher due to higher loads on the PSU.

I was also pleased to see the 3.5V+5V = 220watts ... in my book that is good especially as both are rated @ 30A :)

The cabling is somewhat standard, in that it just comes straight out the back of the unit, however, they are indepentently sleeved in an EMI copper mesh shielding and good quality cable is used. There is an extra thick GRN/RTN cable as well.

Cable connectors are; 1 EPS/BTX/ATX V2.2 24pin (combo), 6 HDD 4pin, 1 FDD 4pin, 1 SATA 15pin and a 4pin + 8pin VGA ... more than enough for my needs.

3 year grantee and under £25 I see nothing wrong with this PSU ... I'll let you know how it bears up when in use later this week.

I like what I see, not bad for the price. :thumb:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
we'll see how it goes when I install it all ...

PotGuy said:
is that sli compliant?
The 'book' says Yes ...but looking at the connectors I say NO. :rolleyes:

The 'book says it has a 'blue VGA' connector, well I don't see one, fortunatly the MB I have has an the extra 4pin socket for VGA and the vid card I got does not have one ... or I would be needing another PSU.

I am at an advantage that if I do not like it, Ian, my brother, will just get me another one. :D

;)

Ask a Question