ATI Radeon X850 PRO X850PRO 256MB AGP

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Was looking at this card at a price of around £70 and it seemed goood value .
But
Will it go in my system ? My manual says cards of 1.5vAGP and all the info I can find on this card from the ATI site says,
AGP bus configuration (8X/4X/Universal AGP 3.0):
  • Radeon® X850 XT PLATINUM EDITION
  • Radeon® X850 XT
  • Radeon® X850 PRO
also I came across this on the cnet review site ,

• Graphics Card Performance
  • This card's graphics processor and memory mean that it is not recommended for most games, but it will still be fine for office applications and other normal computing tasks.

• Graphics Processor / Vendor
  • ATI Radeon X850 Pro
So will it suit and more importantly is it any good and value for money .

bowdown.gif

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
you'll be fine, you might have to plug in a 12v molex connector to give it some more juice though

also that graphics card might not be as good as the latest offerings from ati or nvidia but its still good for gaming, that extract from cnet seems strange to me

got the link ?

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Me__2001 said:
you'll be fine, you might have to plug in a 12v molex connector to give it some more juice though

also that graphics card might not be as good as the latest offerings from ati or nvidia but its still good for gaming, that extract from cnet seems strange to me

got the link ?

http://reviews.cnet.com/ATI_Radeon_X850_PRO_256_MB/4507-8902_7-31513204.html?tag=sub

I thought it was a strange comment too . How do you mean a 12v molex , thats the same as the plugs for your DVD power I'm guessing . :)

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
that is odd, i know its not the best in the series of cards but in terms of what you can get in AGP form its pretty good iirc

if your not bothered about gaming then dw about it

your right the 12v power connector that is used for just about everything, you might have to plug one into the card

Reaction score
To be honest my old 9600 pro downstairs can still play just about any game out there still. Obviously there isnt much eye candy, but I would still count the x850 as a mid range gaming card, for agp at least?

Ask a Question