ASUS P4C800E deluxe, what should be the MB temp ?

Dude

I now have a Koolance EXOS liquid cooling, great for CPU (p4 3.2c )and video card (9800pro) but the MB
temp has rise from 34 to 36-37... the fan on the back is controlled by the Koolance circuit board and
rarely spin ...

what temp can the MB sustained ?

thanks

Louise

I now have a Koolance EXOS liquid cooling, great for CPU (p4 3.2c )and video card (9800pro) but the MB
temp has rise from 34 to 36-37... the fan on the back is controlled by the Koolance circuit board and
rarely spin ...

what temp can the MB sustained ?

thanks
Just looked at mine through Everest and, in an air conditioned room,
mine is 31c - but I don't know if higher would be hazardous.

Louise

James Bald

I've got a different motherboard P4P800,
and the temperature runs around 33C.. When I Fight Sim a lot, it can rise to 35C.

I would not worry Dude,
I still don't understand why some people can claim such low temperatures,
while I run my P4 around 50C all the time, peeking at 55C under torture tests.
(Stock Intel HS) .... Whatever... To many different readings around;
We all know this depends on room-temperature; So anyone's figures are rather
worthless without room temperature complementary data.

AS for your specific motherboard worries; It could simply be that the new
cooling system installed is throwing some hot air close to the mb sensors,
or chipset. Could be that it's blocking the airflow there a little.
This call for a visual inspection, and manually check the airflow inside the casing close
to the chipset heat sink.. If the new cooling system is throwing hot air on it, you could
just add a cardboard deflector. or bring some fresh air the same way.

The temperature difference you mention are not very significant. No worries.
I shall do some airflow testing myself.
Thanks for asking :)

Louise wrote in message ...
I now have a Koolance EXOS liquid cooling, great for CPU (p4 3.2c )and video card (9800pro) but the MB
temp has rise from 34 to 36-37... the fan on the back is controlled by the Koolance circuit board and
rarely spin ...

what temp can the MB sustained ?

thanks
Just looked at mine through Everest and, in an air conditioned room,
mine is 31c - but I don't know if higher would be hazardous.

Louise

kwthom

I've got a different motherboard P4P800,
and the temperature runs around 33C.. When I Fight Sim a lot, it can rise to 35C.

Same motherboard as you...right now, while crunching SETI units, I'm
at 30C on the motherboard & 55C with stock Intel heat sink as well --
on a P4 2.8c

If I kill off SETI, temp drops to the mid 40's.
I would not worry Dude,
I still don't understand why some people can claim such low temperatures,
while I run my P4 around 50C all the time, peeking at 55C under torture tests.
(Stock Intel HS) .... Whatever... To many different readings around;
We all know this depends on room-temperature; So anyone's figures are rather
worthless without room temperature complementary data.

Exactly...

At the time I write this, ambient room temperature is around 28C (I'm
in Arizona...using evaporative cooling...it was 38C for a high...)