Assign "From" line with VB script?

Reaction score
Hi,

I am attempting to use VB to assign the, "From" line or sending address for an email in a merge project from Excel.

What I have attemted to use is below, but that resulted in an, "Object not supported error".

OlMail.Recipients.Add Email
With OlMail
.CC = EmailCC
.BCC = EmailBCC
.Attachments.Add (Attachment)

.From = From
End With

The String variable, "From" is assigned with the following code, refrencing an excel cell.

From = ActiveCell.Offset(0, 8)

Please forgive me if this is a newbie error, my primary programing experience is with Applesoft Basic.
wallbash.gif

Is the "FROM" line even an addressable object in Outlook with VB? Im certian that it is as we have outlook add-ins that do this for us based on the folder tree user is in. However im not sure what language they are using to assign it.

Any assistance will be met with a nice tasty present of Tab cola and hotpockets.

Oh, and it's Outlook 2007 SP2 y'all.

Thakns,
Tim

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, and my appoligies for not updating my post when I found the solution. The correct item in my case was ".sendonbehalfof"

These are additional exchange accounts that our domain accounts have rights to send mail as.

Ask a Question