assembly doesn' permit partially trustets call's

DENTONE

Dear Newsgroup,

I have transer my project (Visual Studio .net 2005 Windows Form) in to a
share in my network.
Now when i try to debug i receiv an error in this class:
Partial Friend Class MyApplication

<Global.System.Diagnostics.DebuggerStepThroughAttribute()> _

Public Sub New()

MyBase.New(Global.Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.AuthenticationMode.Windows)

Me.IsSingleInstance = false

Me.EnableVisualStyles = true

Me.SaveMySettingsOnExit = true

Me.ShutDownStyle =
Global.Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.ShutdownMode.AfterMainFormCloses

End Sub

<Global.System.Diagnostics.DebuggerStepThroughAttribute()> _

Protected Overrides Sub OnCreateMainForm()

Me.MainForm = Global.HACPACK_PTS.LOGIN

End Sub

The error is that the assembly doesn't permit partially trustets call's.

I need Help.

Thank's

Feng Chen[MSFT]

Hello Dentone,

Based on my understanding, when you copy the application from the local
file system to an intranet share folder, you come across a security
exception displaying the message "assembly doesn't permit partially trusted
callers" when you want to run it in Visual Studio under debug mode. If I
have misunderstood you, please let me know.

By default any code originates from the local file system will receive a
Full Trust permission set of (unrestricted permission to do anything it
pleases). However, by default, there is a restrictive permission set given
to assemblies running from local intranet. For your application, there
should be some permission being demanded causing it to throw the exception.
We can find this restricted permission through the
SecurityException.Demanded Property.

To work around this issue, we can give all the assemblies in the
application a strong name, and modify the security policy to trust this
strong name.

For more information, please refer to the following article:
My application works from my local machine, but throws a Security Exception
when I move it to a network share -
http://blogs.msdn.com/shawnfa/archive/2003/06/20/57023.aspx

Sincerely,
Feng Chen([email protected], remove 'online.')
Microsoft Online Community Support

ications. If you are using Outlook Express/Windows Mail, please make sure
you clear the check box "Tools/Options/Read: Get 300 headers at a time" to
see your reply promptly.

| From: "DENTONE" <[email protected]>
| Subject: assembly doesn' permit partially trustets call's
| Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 18:12:10 +0200
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework
|
| Dear Newsgroup,
|
| I have transer my project (Visual Studio .net 2005 Windows Form) in to a
| share in my network.
| Now when i try to debug i receiv an error in this class:
| Partial Friend Class MyApplication
|
| <Global.System.Diagnostics.DebuggerStepThroughAttribute()> _
|
| Public Sub New()

MyBase.New(Global.Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.AuthenticationMo
de.Windows)

| Me.IsSingleInstance = false
|
| Me.EnableVisualStyles = true
|
| Me.SaveMySettingsOnExit = true
|

| Me.ShutDownStyle =

Global.Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.ShutdownMode.AfterMainFormC
loses

| End Sub
|

| <Global.System.Diagnostics.DebuggerStepThroughAttribute()> _
|
| Protected Overrides Sub OnCreateMainForm()
|
| Me.MainForm = Global.HACPACK_PTS.LOGIN
|
| End Sub
|

| The error is that the assembly doesn't permit partially trustets call's.
|
| ?

| I need Help.
|

| Thank's

Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]

Feng is right, that is the way to put a band aid on the issue. However, you
have an architecture issue which you need to address because it is the cause
of your problems. Your application was architected to run local which
implies full trust on the client machine. You move it to a share, why? So
that it can be centrally accessed and updated? That's the typical reason. If
that's the case, the application is best re-written as a web application or
a smart client. I'm not saying rush out and spend money redeveloping, it's
something to consider for later down the road.

One issue with the band aid approach is that the application was originally
designed to have full trust on the client. Now that's it is on a share, a
compromise of the assembly on the share can lead to a security vulnerability
that now affects all your users. With the original application, it would
only affect one user because there is no file share. To mitigate the risk,
think very carefully about the permissions that you assign to the
application running on the file share so that it permits exactly and only
the request to satisfy the permission demand, block everything else.

Alvin Bruney [MVP ASP.NET]

[Shameless Author plug]
Download OWC Black Book, 2nd Edition
Exclusively on www.lulu.com/owc $15.00

DENTONE

Thanìk for the Help,

I have to try the solution in the web page from microsoft.

Feng Chen[MSFT]

Hello Dentone,

I haven¡¯t heard back from you so I wanted to follow up to find out if the
information that I supplied has resolved your issue. If there is anything
more I can help with, please don¡¯t hesitate to let me know.