aspnet_regiis.exe is not a valid Win32 application

I was having a problem on my computer and had to uninstall and re-install
iis. Now I am trying to re-register asp.net using
aspnet_regiis.exe -i
but the computer just gives me the error message "c:\...\aspnet_regiis.exe
is not a valid Win32 application"

I am using Windows XP SP 2, .NET Framework 2.0

Juan T. Llibre

Check your hard drive for corruption...

"Start button", "run", "cmd", and then :

chkdsk c: /r

Substitute the correct drive letter if you're booting from a drive other than C:.

Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
======================================

I scanned the disk. Fortunately there was no corruption found.
Unfortunately my asp problem still exists.

Michael Nemtsev

Hello Melissa,

try to reinstall the .NET FW.
smth wrong with your aspnet_regiis.exe

---
WBR, Michael Nemtsev [.NET/C# MVP].
My blog: http://spaces.live.com/laflour
Team blog: http://devkids.blogspot.com/

M> I scanned the disk. Fortunately there was no corruption found.
M> Unfortunately my asp problem still exists.
M>
M> "Juan T. Llibre" wrote:

amir.khatibzadeh

U just need to run "SDK Command Prompt" in "Microsoft .NET Framework
SDK v2.0" on your Start menu!
then in that command editor u run your "aspnet_regiis.exe -i " command

Thanks. I had tried a repair and a re-install without success. Finally I
uninstalled and let Visual Studio 2005 do the install SDK install and that
seemed to work for me.