ASP with ASP.net

D Browne

We have an existing ASP application. We would like to use some new
functionality in ASP.net without changing our ASP application. Is there any
process path or instructions on how to accomplish this. We will need to send
sessions variables between ASP and ASP.net

We are accomplishing this currently ASP and ASP.net, but I don't think we
are using an effecient process. Just looking for the best practices way of
passing between asp and asp.net

Thanks.

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi D Browne,

As for classic ASP pages and ASP.NET web application pages,they can coexist
in the same application in IIS as long as you've configured the IIS service
extension correctly. However, to share states/data between them is really a
tough problem. So far what I've got (to share states between ASP and
ASP.NET ) is the same as the article JIGNESH has suggested, you will need
to make both of them persist session data in database so as to make them
shared.

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi D Browne,

Have you got progress on this? If there is anything else need help, welcome
to post here.

From: (e-mail address removed) (Steven Cheng[MSFT])
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 02:31:26 GMT
Subject: Re: ASP with ASP.net