ASP.Net Framework 2.0 not showing up as an IIS property page

Blasting Cap

I have installed (and un-installed, and reinstalled) framework 2.0 on a
Windows 2003 server. I still cannot get the property page to come up on it.

When I run aspnet_regiis -lv on the 1.1 framework folder, I get this:

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322>aspnet_regiis -lv
1.1.4322.0 Valid C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\asp
net_isapi.dll
2.0.50727.0 Valid (Root) C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\as
pnet_isapi.dll

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322>

I get identically the same thing when I run that same command from the
v2.0.50727 folder as well.

I know that I should get the property page when I have multiple versions
of .net framework on this computer, but that property page is not
showing up.

Is there any way to fix this, to set which framework is going to be used
on which website (there are multiple websites on this server)?

Server is running Windows Server 2003, with all service packs & updates
on it. It is also running sharepoint services (the small, condensed
version, not the full-blown Sharepoint). That appears to work, too.

The 1.1 framework website works, but not the one that is using Framework
2.0.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

BC

Michael Nemtsev

Hello Blasting,

Try to re-register asp.net by calling aspnet_regiis -i for both version and
check if tab appeared

BC> I have installed (and un-installed, and reinstalled) framework 2.0
BC> on a Windows 2003 server. I still cannot get the property page to
BC> come up on it.
BC>
BC> When I run aspnet_regiis -lv on the 1.1 framework folder, I get
BC> this:
BC>BC> I get identically the same thing when I run that same command from
BC> the v2.0.50727 folder as well.
BC>
BC> I know that I should get the property page when I have multiple
BC> versions of .net framework on this computer, but that property page
BC> is not showing up.
BC>
BC> Is there any way to fix this, to set which framework is going to be
BC> used on which website (there are multiple websites on this server)?
BC>
BC> Server is running Windows Server 2003, with all service packs &
BC> updates on it. It is also running sharepoint services (the small,
BC> condensed version, not the full-blown Sharepoint). That appears to
BC> work, too.
BC>
BC> The 1.1 framework website works, but not the one that is using
BC> Framework 2.0.
BC>
BC> Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
BC>
BC> BC

---
WBR,
Michael Nemtsev :: blog: http://spaces.msn.com/laflour

"At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not
cease to be insipid." (c) Friedrich Nietzsche

Blasting Cap

Michael:

I ran aspnet_regiis -i under the v1.1.4322 folder, and it gave this message:

Start installing ASP.NET (1.1.4322.0).
Finished installing ASP.NET (1.1.4322.0).

I then went to the v2.0.50727 folder and ran aspnet_regiis -i and got

Finished installing ASP.NET (2.0.50727).

I then did an iisreset to stop & restart IIS. When I open IIS, and then
right click on the properties of the website I want to run ASP.NET 2.0
for, it shows these tabs:

Web Site
Performance
ISAPI Filters
Home Directory
Documents
Directory Security
HTTP Headers
Custom Errors

but no ASP.NET tab.

The only difference between the two servers - one where ASP.NET 2.0 is
on and shows the tab, and one where it is not - is that the one that
doesn't have the tab has Sharepoint Portal Services (the "lite" version)
on it, which I believe, should not make any difference.

Other than that - it is the same type & brand of server, with similar
memory and CPU configuration, both Windows Server 2003, IIS, etc.

Any ideas?

Michael Nemtsev

Hello Blasting,

And what about Virtual Folders, not the WebSite? Does virtualFolder have
such tab?

BC> Michael:
BC>
BC> I ran aspnet_regiis -i under the v1.1.4322 folder, and it gave this
BC> message:
BC>BC> I then went to the v2.0.50727 folder and ran aspnet_regiis -i and
BC> got this message:
BC>
BC> Finished installing ASP.NET (2.0.50727).
BC>
BC> I then did an iisreset to stop & restart IIS. When I open IIS, and
BC> then right click on the properties of the website I want to run
BC> ASP.NET 2.0 for, it shows these tabs:
BC>
BC> Web Site
BC> Performance
BC> ISAPI Filters
BC> Home Directory
BC> Documents
BC> Directory Security
BC> HTTP Headers
BC> Custom Errors
BC> but no ASP.NET tab.
BC>
BC> The only difference between the two servers - one where ASP.NET 2.0
BC> is on and shows the tab, and one where it is not - is that the one
BC> that doesn't have the tab has Sharepoint Portal Services (the "lite"
BC> version) on it, which I believe, should not make any difference.
BC>
BC> Other than that - it is the same type & brand of server, with
BC> similar memory and CPU configuration, both Windows Server 2003, IIS,
BC> etc.
BC>
BC> Any ideas?
BC>
BC> Michael Nemtsev wrote:
BC>---
WBR,
Michael Nemtsev :: blog: http://spaces.msn.com/laflour

"At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not
cease to be insipid." (c) Friedrich Nietzsch

Blasting Cap

<<And what about Virtual Folders, not the WebSite? Does virtualFolder
have such tab?>>

On one server (Development), it does have that tab. It shows up both on
the Default website property, as well as on the virtual folders.

On the server in question though (production), it does not show, in
either the default website property or on virtual folders.

One difference between these two servers, the one with the ASP.NET tab
on it (it is a development box) - it has the website to be the default
website. On the other (the one without the tab, the production box),
the website is a Virtual folder. That same box (production) also has
Sharepoint services (the "lite" version of Sharepoint)

I have even gone into mmc to try to add a snap-in for the ASP.NET 2.0,
but it only shows 1.1 as the only available one.

BC