area code - help

L

Luiz Horacio

Hi,

I worked fine with Outlook until I bought a Nokia 6265 and tried to add all my contacts to the phone list. the problem is that I used to write phone numbers in (yy) xxxx-xxxx format, and when I synchronized them the result was a 'yyxxxxxxx' number on the phone, which would not dial.

If I can add a '0' before area code (0yyxxxxxxxx), or even better, remove '(yy)' from phone numbers where 'yy' is the number of my own area it would solve my problem.

Is there a way of making this change in outlook without having to edit phone numbers one by one?

Thanks,

Luiz Horacio

D

DL

I dont believe so, but there may be third party tools that might help.

PS why would you want 'yy' where 'yy is my area', unless all numbers have the same area code?
Hi,

I worked fine with Outlook until I bought a Nokia 6265 and tried to add all my contacts to the phone list. the problem is that I used to write phone numbers in (yy) xxxx-xxxx format, and when I synchronized them the result was a 'yyxxxxxxx' number on the phone, which would not dial.

If I can add a '0' before area code (0yyxxxxxxxx), or even better, remove '(yy)' from phone numbers where 'yy' is the number of my own area it would solve my problem.

Is there a way of making this change in outlook without having to edit phone numbers one by one?

Thanks,

Luiz Horacio

E

Edson

My version of Outlook is in Portuguese, so I'll try trabslate the correct directions:

On Outlook, open Contacts folder. Choose Actions menu, Call Contact option, New Call option, Dial Properties button, New button.
Type a name, select your country, add area codes.
Close Outlook.
Open Regedit.
Access key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Telephony\Locations\LocationN, where 'N' is the number of the location we're just created
Select the location 'N' and change keys as follows:
'Country'=dword:000003c8
'Flags'=dword:00000001
'Name'=' 'AreaCode' - remove the value
'DisableCallWaiting' - remove the value
'LongDistanceCarrierCode' - remove the value
'InternationalCarrierCode' - remove the value
'LongDistanceAccess'- remove the value
'OutsideAccess'- left as blank
Open an verify Outlook - it worked!

"Luiz Horacio" <[email protected]> escreveu na mensagem Hi,

Thanks,

Luiz Horacio

L

Luiz Horacio

Hi DL,

In fact most of mine 'yy' have the same area code. I have to fill them anyway otherwise my Outlook and IPaq won't sync correctly.

I all ran smoothly until I bought this Nokia.

Thanks,

Luiz Horacio
"DL" <[email protected]> escreveu na mensagem I dont believe so, but there may be third party tools that might help.

PS why would you want 'yy' where 'yy is my area', unless all numbers have the same area code?
Hi,

Thanks,

Luiz Horacio

L

Luiz Horacio

Hi Edson,

Thanks... I'll take a try.

Luiz Horacio

"Edson" <[email protected]> escreveu na mensagem My version of Outlook is in Portuguese, so I'll try trabslate the correct directions:

On Outlook, open Contacts folder. Choose Actions menu, Call Contact option, New Call option, Dial Properties button, New button.
Type a name, select your country, add area codes.
Close Outlook.
Open Regedit.
Access key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Telephony\Locations\LocationN, where 'N' is the number of the location we're just created
Select the location 'N' and change keys as follows:
'Country'=dword:000003c8
'Flags'=dword:00000001
'Name'=' 'AreaCode' - remove the value
'DisableCallWaiting' - remove the value
'LongDistanceCarrierCode' - remove the value
'InternationalCarrierCode' - remove the value
'LongDistanceAccess'- remove the value
'OutsideAccess'- left as blank
Open an verify Outlook - it worked!

"Luiz Horacio" <[email protected]> escreveu na mensagem Hi,

Thanks,

Luiz Horacio

Ask a Question